Wolverine 1087

• Sponsors (?)

You’re a trip man. So this is a car thats older than you. The alphabet cams, TFS1/2, wolverine whatever are all POS. What are fox guys using on these out of date 5.0’s these days? Besides a crusher.
So let me introduce you to Carmichael Angelo, he was born when 'shoeboxes' were big, square cars, 'overhead valve' engines were still fairly new and he hates long walks on the beach.

Hey! Leave shoeboxes out of this!! :jester:

One of these days I'll be working on my shoebox, the Mustangs will just have to sit idly by.....

Reactions: 1 user
Do I really need to go into detail about how a cam with split duration and lift, favoring exhaust is better for a 5.0 than those single pattern alphabet cams?
Apparently, I've (in the past, not recently) looked for dyno comparison between the two,
I have noticed several times complaints about 'bucking' at low rpms with E and B cams.

Last edited:
I’ve got a B cam in my 87. Vortech V3, Edelbrock Performer heads, Cobra upper and lower (real one not Chinese), and a ton of supporting pieces. Car makes 500hp at crank and runs great all the way from idle to WOT. No complaints about my B. And I get compliments all the time about how mean she sounds at idle. Old or not, it works.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users