Working on Sadie

She was just flooded. Dad got her going & adjusted the carb so she's not running quite so rich and got the extra fuel burnt off. Of course I took the Jeep to finish my Christmas shoping today so now I have nowhere to go. :(

-Chelle

• Sponsors (?)

Picies!

Blower motor
blower01.jpg

Heater box (I'm done sticking my head under the dash for now so this is the best shot you're getting)
heaterbox.jpg

Plenum
plenum.jpg

-Chelle

Tie wraps on the defroster hoses - great idea! I bought one of those plastic heater plenums last year as well and must say they are the cat's a$$. Canadian Mustang left a message at my house today to say the new blower motor I ordered last week (when your thread got me motivated to fix it) is in. Unlike your two wire three speed one at $72.90CAN, I have to unfortunately pay $116.90CAN for the three wire two speed motor that came in the '64-'66. So that's 60% more for one less speed selection. Bummer!

It started snowing again today so I think I'll leave the heater hoses alone for now; they're not touching anything that will melt them. Once I get old Sadie's engine out and start rebuilding it, I'm going to get all the wires & hoses nice & neat and tucked away so it looks pretty and uncluttered.

the new blower motor I ordered last week (when your thread got me motivated to fix it) is in.
I'm always happy to motivate others. :D

Oh, and I also replaced the PCV valve today. Pretty minor, but it was leaking and was an easy fix.

-Chelle

t_chelle16 said:
It started snowing again today so I think I'll leave the heater hoses alone for now; they're not touching anything that will melt them. Once I get old Sadie's engine out and start rebuilding it, I'm going to get all the wires & hoses nice & neat and tucked away so it looks pretty and uncluttered.

I'm always happy to motivate others. :D

Oh, and I also replaced the PCV valve today. Pretty minor, but it was leaking and was an easy fix.

-Chelle

That's right, you've got a pair of 289s now don't you?

t_chelle16 said:
Yup. Gonna rebuild old Sadie's engine while I drive new Sadie. Then I'll put old Sadie's rebuilt engine in new Sadie and sell new Sadie's engine.

-Chelle

If new Sadie has it original engine, then you might want to keep it with the car for long-term value purposes.

Realmongo said:
If new Sadie has it original engine, then you might want to keep it with the car for long-term value purposes.
Why? I don't ever plan on selling her and there's going to be a lot about her that's not original when I'm done. Plus old Sadie still has a lot of sentimental value so I want her engine in new Sadie.

chepsk8 said:
I saw a deluxe shifter in there. Deluxe interior?
Nope, not deluxe. The shifter is old Sadie's (not deluxe either). I didn't realize that's what the deluxe shifter looked like. I just figured it came from some other car (thinking maybe 69 - 73 mustang or a cougar). But I like it better than the plain metal one so put it on.

-Chelle

t_chelle16 said:
Why? I don't ever plan on selling her and there's going to be a lot about her that's not original when I'm done. Plus old Sadie still has a lot of sentimental value so I want her engine in new Sadie.

-Chelle

Hmmm....That new Sadie engine might find a comforatable home between the front fenders of the Blue Fuzzy One's Sally.

chepsk8 said:
'Chelle,

Reading through this, I can see how much fun you're having! I remember 25 years ago scavenging everything from a rusted-out 68 Cougar I was driving into a clean 67 Mustang with no Drivetrain. It's fun.

also recently, stripping the 88 GT for the Cobra. Every cut, scratch, and gouge was worth it.

StrippedRF1500.jpg

You're going to have a great 'stang when you are done!

Is that how it looked when you got it? Or did that happen during your drive home?

Attachments

• StrippedRF1500.jpg
    StrippedRF1500.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 76
Heater works (although it takes about 15 minutes to get warm, but that's about average).

I drove her to Warrensburg & back and didn't freeze off any appendages. :D I'll eventually have to replace the heater switch because medium & high are the same, but it works good enough for now. Carb still needs a little adjusting, though. As long as I have the choke pulled out a little it's great, but when I pushed it in, she died at a couple of red lights (started right back up again, though).

And I happened to run into one of my best friends at the gas station and she said "I like" :D.

-Chelle

t_chelle16 said:
Heater works (although it takes about 15 minutes to get warm, but that's about average).

I drove her to Warrensburg & back and didn't freeze off any appendages. :D I'll eventually have to replace the heater switch because medium & high are the same, but it works good enough for now. Carb still needs a little adjusting, though. As long as I have the choke pulled out a little it's great, but when I pushed it in, she died at a couple of red lights (started right back up again, though).

And I happened to run into one of my best friends at the gas station and she said "I like" :D.

-Chelle

What size is the carb and what is it jetted at?