Working Roush Hood

Logan56860

Apr 16, 2020
Earth
Anybody cut into and plumb for air under a Roush 2013Gt scoop? I need to take mine off and re-seal the perimeter. I thought about drilling out the solid honey comb front and plumbing some air into it. Not sure if it would ultimately be worth it. I also noticed mine only has 4 bolts holding it on! Not sure if it only had 4 or if some are hidden behind a cavity that should have been drilled out to access stud. Bought it used, so don't blame me. Anyway, let me know what you think about cutting the hood, AND, if anybody knows why my ambient lights will not come on let me know. I am driving myself crazy trying to figure it out. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Well, my 2007 Mustang has a Roush hood scoop. Held on by six bolts. While I didn't make it functional routing the air to the intake, I did drill out a whole bunch of 5/16 holes in the solid front plate. And cut a large hole in the hood that is right over the front of the throttle body and the intake manifold. So it blows cold air over those parts. During the colder months, those parts stay cold to the touch when you open the hood after driving it. Does it make a difference? Who knows. At least I can say it isn't fake. That's all I was looking to accomplish here. It's no longer fake. I hate fake stuff.

My intake is a WeaponR, which comes with a cold air hose that has a velocity stack on the front. You mount the stack in the lower grill and route the hose up to where the filter sits. So cold air intake I have.

Attachments

• 01010009.JPG
    01010009.JPG
    388.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 01010014.JPG
    01010014.JPG
    323.5 KB · Views: 134
very nice. Good idea too. I live in FL, so always HOT. I hate the fake too. And there is a nice spot ready to cut out under the hood. Saw a shaker for these while I was looking around. I grew up with a 428CJ. So the shaker draws me in. But it looks pretty poor on top of these intakes. Not for me.

Yes, there is a spot under the scoop that looks like it was meant to be cut out. No doubler or anything, just flat sheet metal. Just be careful not to go too far forward. I'll try and get a few pictures today. But, as usual, it's another dreary way here, no sun to speak of. Seems to be the norm here lately.

if/when you get time, open it up and let me see your plumbing

If you're talking about the plumbing for the WeaponR intake, it's all under the vehicle. I mounted the scoop in the lower grill under the left signal, and ran the hose up to the structure just underneath where the filter resides. The filter is very low in the front driver's side corner. Very hard to see the plumbing, but I guess I could lay on my back and try and shoot a pic of the underside. It'll be later today, maybe tomorrow. It's f*cking cold here today. I thought it was Spring time?

Like I said, it's just a V-6. I was out driving one day, and this car sitting curbside, caught my eye. I just had to have it. I have a 2004 Lightning and two motorcycles, so not all my vehicles need to be rockets. LOL!!

Attachments

• 01010004.JPG
    01010004.JPG
    439.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 01010059.JPG
    01010059.JPG
    364 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_3937.jpg
    IMG_3937.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 01010006.JPG
    01010006.JPG
    362.3 KB · Views: 120
that's enough info. I'll figure it out. Sounds like a good spot to pull in air and not be visible. Nice rides. Put chains on the bike and get out there.
85 degrees here today. I'll trade ya. Especially by august. Brutal.
SW FL heat.

Well, in Florida, it's not just the heat, but the brutal humidity that kills you. We get humidity here in Oklahoma if the wind is out of the south. 85 degrees here without the humidity is quite pleasant. Add the humidity, brutal. And then make it upper 90's with humidity, you don't want to leave your pad. But upper 90's without humidity, quite nice.