Would there be any interest in a few "how to" videos?

AlmostCoffee

Feb 4, 2020
Canada
I have a fair deal of modifications i'm wanting to do over the course of the next year or two to my 66 coupe. I'll be learning along the way but am confident I can make them happen. I have one rear subframe patch to do (wasn't gonna bother but the rot is worse than I thought), the shelby drop, I will be making adjustable strut rods, modifying my spring perches with the dazecars roller bearing kit, installing subframe rails, potentially narrowing an 8.8, installing a tko600, building a mild 351w etc. I've found some information on these topics to be somewhat scattered, photos missing etc on here and if there's any interest I have zero problems with video taping myself and letting you guys laugh at my f*ck ups and possibly helping a few folks along the way. If there's no interest I won't bother as it'll probably take me way longer with filming.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Well described/pictured modifications with pro and cons are always appreciated.
I find myself reading threads from yrs ago to try get some answers I need.

I'm always interested in watching a well made how-to video even if it's a project that I'm not actually going to do. The key though, is to produce something that is pleasing to watch. There are too many poorly made, low effort videos. Example: the video maker fires up a power tool and doesn't turn down the video volume and/or shows some long tedious process in real time. As much time is probably going to be in editing as filming. Of course, I'll also bear a crappy video if it has technical information I need.

Good Luck

I'd watch them! If you do it just don't magically skip parts. I hate it when I'm watching a video on how to do something and as soon as they get to the part that I'm having trouble with they skip it and they are working on the next step. That seems to happen a lot to me.

I have a fair deal of modifications i'm wanting to do over the course of the next year or two to my 66 coupe. I'll be learning along the way but am confident I can make them happen. I have one rear subframe patch to do (wasn't gonna bother but the rot is worse than I thought), the shelby drop, I will be making adjustable strut rods, modifying my spring perches with the dazecars roller bearing kit, installing subframe rails, potentially narrowing an 8.8, installing a tko600, building a mild 351w etc. I've found some information on these topics to be somewhat scattered, photos missing etc on here and if there's any interest I have zero problems with video taping myself and letting you guys laugh at my f*ck ups and possibly helping a few folks along the way. If there's no interest I won't bother as it'll probably take me way longer with filming.
You could call it''Handyman corner'' ....Eh?

I'm always interested in watching a well made how-to video even if it's a project that I'm not actually going to do. The key though, is to produce something that is pleasing to watch. There are too many poorly made, low effort videos. Example: the video maker fires up a power tool and doesn't turn down the video volume and/or shows some long tedious process in real time. As much time is probably going to be in editing as filming. Of course, I'll also bear a crappy video if it has technical information I need.

Good Luck
I know what you mean, I have a couple friends with video editing experience in which may be able to help me out in not wrecking peoples ear drums or putting them to sleep. I also am full of horrible eye rolling jokes and usually have a great time working on things with the occasional meltdown when things don't work out. I will have to film one or two and get feedback on areas to improve in from the board.

Handyman might be a bit of a stretch... Maybe something more along the lines of Farmertech or Kurts Kustom... Crap? I dunno i'll find something (and i'm really not that bad mechanically I just like to joke). Also trying to figure out if the Eh was thrown in there because i'm Canadian lol
Of course it was a nod to our neighbors to the north,and also to the Canadian TV series The Red Green show and the genius of Steve Smith.''If the women don't find you handsome they should at leastfind you handy''...Handyman Corner.

• Winner
YES !! Info videos sounds great.

Do you have one on setting up a 600cfm for a 289 with very mild cam ? I need tips on how to set up an 1850 . . . trying to get an old project back on the road. I could use someone's experience and know how . . . please and thank you. . . . or if you folks can direct me to an already open forum I'd be glad to take what you have.