WOW article on Yahoo says 2013 Mustang handles bad!!????

slayerripkdc

15 Year Member
Jun 3, 2003
brewster ny
Today on the front page of Yahoo it says that some race car diver "tests the new 2013 Mustang" so I said let me read it. I knew it was going to be biased. For some reason all Mustang reviews are! The so called professional driver says that the Mustang handles bad??? If im not mistaken I saw a comparison of the 2011 M3 and 11 5.0 and they handles almost identical! Now the M3 is a great handling car? What gives?

• Sponsors (?)

Because its not a BMW it automaticly handles like a 84 f150. Every test ive seen of a mod5.0 mustang puts with neck and neck with the M3.
Really, dont click on that, dont give them the pageviews and the advertiser funds, we all already know what its going to say.
I would bet that the guy that wrote that is a freelance writer and will get paid by how many page views he can generate, by reading it your just promoting this kind of bias crap.

Because its not a BMW it automaticly handles like a 84 f150. Every test ive seen of a mod5.0 mustang puts with neck and neck with the M3.
Really, dont click on that, dont give them the pageviews and the advertiser funds, we all already know what its going to say.
I would bet that the guy that wrote that is a freelance writer and will get paid by how many page views he can generate, by reading it your just promoting this kind of bias crap.
Amen!

I remember that! It does more harm than good right? So on a 10 degree day as soon as the key turns im gonna have the car in gear ready to take off!!

Everybody thinks they know cars and most people are clueless. Government regulations are the worst, a bunch of people with no clue about cars telling manufacturers what to do. Which is why Chevy and Chrysler will hit rock bottom again sooner or later after taking their bailout money.

Everybody thinks they know cars and most people are clueless. Government regulations are the worst, a bunch of people with no clue about cars telling manufacturers what to do. Which is why Chevy and Chrysler will hit rock bottom again sooner or later after taking their bailout money.

So you're saying it's the government's fault they hit rock bottom the first time? I thought it was sub-par management and products.

Also, Alan Mulally had the majority of his career centered on Airplanes, took over Ford, and returned them to profitability.

As for letting a new car warm up, supposedly it is ok to drive if the temperature is above 25 degrees. Just don't get the rpms too high. If you really think about it, what's happening when you're letting the engine warm up? It's running! What rpm are you at when driving 35mph through your neighborhood? If you're going straight on the freeway in the morning, then yes, I would suggest letting it warm up.

So you're saying it's the government's fault they hit rock bottom the first time? I thought it was sub-par management and products.

Also, Alan Mulally had the majority of his career centered on Airplanes, took over Ford, and returned them to profitability.

As for letting a new car warm up, supposedly it is ok to drive if the temperature is above 25 degrees. Just don't get the rpms too high. If you really think about it, what's happening when you're letting the engine warm up? It's running! What rpm are you at when driving 35mph through your neighborhood? If you're going straight on the freeway in the morning, then yes, I would suggest letting it warm up.

No, I wasn't saying that... I was saying that sooner or later they'll hit rock bottom again because there are people that have no idea about cars setting all kinds of regulations on how they have to build their cars now because of the bailout.

And yes, it's not too bad if you don't get on it too much, but you're still better off letting it idle where you don't have airflow keeping the engine cool and it can warm up quicker so it's not running cold for as long. Why do you think a car with a bad cooling fan doesn't overheat when you're moving? The fan isn't needed to cool the engine because the car is moving. So if your car is moving of course it's going to take longer to warm up.