Yay or nay fot this h pipe.

Was thinking of buying this h pipe to see whats up with it. $200 bucks isn't bad if it sounds okay and holds up. You guys thinking i should buy?

Attachments

• 5982FA77-86C2-47C9-ABCA-9359E79CF297.png
    5982FA77-86C2-47C9-ABCA-9359E79CF297.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
  • Sponsors (?)

Hit or miss.

Now that the EPA is cracking down on off-road pipes, the major players no longer make them. You have these small-time shops now popping up making pipes, but the fit could be hit or miss. The EPA gets wind of them, and they close up shop or open up under a different name and rinse and repeat. Problem is QC and support go out the window for a $200 pipe from a company that may not be selling that in 6 months.

Long story short, i think you'll have to roll the dice. Not many options

That is the first time i've ever seen that design.
The description says premium, not sure i'd classify aluminized as premium.
I surely would not buy it. But i tend to like higher end exhaust products when possible.

If you really want an offroad pipe (which these days i'd advise against) go on facebook marketplace, in my area there are always plenty of them, some of which are bassani and bbk stainless.

The "company" has 6 available. I got some extra income tax money that came in, so I am gonna try it. I wouldnt be surprised if its just a random brand that had some made and have to find different ways to sell them. It said it shipped to good luck to me i guess.

Well I got stuff, tell them to go here

I need to hit up a grandbrat to hook me up with a fake profile. Wonder if I can use my avatar :shrug:
Anyway, back to mustang stuff.
I see Jegs still posts 'header back' DIY systems, just one page had kits for models up to 1995 model year, kit has the required 10 lbs of U clamps but I saw no provisions for a cross over pipe.

I need to hit up a grandbrat to hook me up with a fake profile. Wonder if I can use my avatar :shrug:
Anyway, back to mustang stuff.
I see Jegs still posts 'header back' DIY systems, just one page had kits for models up to 1995 model year, kit has the required 10 lbs of U clamps but I saw no provisions for a cross over pipe.
I don't use facebook either, sort of.
I use my wife's account because i have a serious distaste for drama.
I do consider a fake account but i never do it, i'm many things, a liar and faker is not one of them, it's kinda like when reality stars do commercials, they are absolutely awful at it, because they are not actors.
I do still think (maybe it depends on where you live) the facebook marketplace is where to buy a stainless x or h pipe.
The bassani stainless is nearly indestructible. Most likely so are the BBks.
A quick facebook search yield quite a few ads just by typing mustang X pipe.

As for the original posters pipe, i guess we will see.
But it's kinda odd to see a pipe with 8 ball and socket flanges instead of the typical 4.

The excessive ball-and-socket connections remind me of the old MAC exhaust systems from 20 years ago. Made it easy to install and disassemble.

My bassani X-pie is 3-peice, but clamped, meaning if i need to remove it to drop the trans, i need to pull it all down as one unit. That pipe looks like you might be able to just remove the cross-over part.

Speaking of weird pipes...this one looks...funky

Reactions: 1 user
True story, the first time i ever took my trans out, i left the 2.25 offroad H pipe i had at the time on the car.
Yes the trans did come completely out and yes i bashed the hell out of my fingers between the trans and the pipe (this is long before i had a house or a lift).
It was one of those short cuts that probably cost me 4 hours.
The best bassani pipes are the 5 piece. 2 front pipes to headers, 2 cat delete pipes (or 2 cats) and the x section. Infinitely adjustable and made of high end stainless that never wears or rusts.

One time i even had a bassani offroad 1 piece. I can't imagine what it would cost to ship in 2023. It was seriously solid, nothing was ruining that pipe. Problem is that if your catback is welded, the adjustability was total crap.

Last edited:
I still have my old Pacesetter off-road H-pipe. Paid $200 in 1999 and it fit like junk. It needs to be extended by about 1" or so. Can't tell you the number of times I've tried to off-load that for $50 or so with no bites. However given the state of off-road pipes these days...i'll leave it hanging in the rafters for now along with 2 stock H-pipes

I don't use facebook either, sort of.
I use my wife's account because i have a serious distaste for drama.
I do consider a fake account but i never do it, i'm many things, a liar and faker is not one of them, it's kinda like when reality stars do commercials, they are absolutely awful at it, because they are not actors.
I do still think (maybe it depends on where you live) the facebook marketplace is where to buy a stainless x or h pipe.
The bassani stainless is nearly indestructible. Most likely so are the BBks.
A quick facebook search yield quite a few ads just by typing mustang X pipe.

As for the original posters pipe, i guess we will see.
But it's kinda odd to see a pipe with 8 ball and socket flanges instead of the typical 4.
Im a zoomer going to school for IT so im pretty familiar with a lot of that stuff lol. They make the accounts really easy now. If you want to buy anything through people today, you have to go through marketplace on facebook. Craigslist is almost dead for that and offerup is more for people who dont want facebook accounts.