Yet another tire question... i know i know... sorry

StangLou

Jul 9, 2003
Holly Springs, NC
Ok here is my question. I want to get Nitto 555R's up front and back, but I have heard that if I go with 275's in front and back, I might notice some pulling while driving. Any of you guys run 275's front and back or do most of you run 245's up front? I plan on getting the 275's withing the next couple of weeks since my back tires are getting a little thin :D. If no one has noticed any of the pulling I was warned about then I will get 275's in front as well.

Thanks for any help in advance :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

those who run a wider sized tire in the back will always notice pushing. 275s all around should give u no more pushing than stock. I have 315s and 245s up front, now THAT is some understeer. But why worry about understeer racing...you dont autox do you? If not...who cares about it.

StangLou, you will notice a little more "tracking" with the 275's up front. Tracking refers to the tires finding ruts in the road and making the steering wheel jerk a little bit when driving. It shouldn't be too much of a problem, but sometimes it is very noticeable.

Sleepy1 said:
StangLou, you will notice a little more "tracking" with the 275's up front. Tracking refers to the tires finding ruts in the road and making the steering wheel jerk a little bit when driving. It shouldn't be too much of a problem, but sometimes it is very noticeable.

275X35X18 all around here. I do get some tracking up front. Especially on the concrete freeways here in LA with the expansion joints runnging down the middle of the lane. On regular asphalt roads, I don't notice any tracking at all.