‘95 5.0 Key Stuck in ignition

So my first project arrived today and the first matter at hand seems to be a stuck key in the ignition.
The fuel pump is out so not worried about someone driving off with it but also do not like the idea of leaving it sitting in the driveway with the key in it.
I’m sure that the tumblers have misaligned or completely dropped but the key still turns just will not release.
Is there any trick to getting the key out without disassembling the steering column or should I just start there? Also what is my best option, new ignition or whole new column?

• Sponsors (?)

That’s what was throwing me, there is no button. And it is an automatic but I couldn’t get it to go back to accessory. After messing with it for awhile and the shifter at the same time, the shift lock clicked, the key turned back and released.
The concern now is that without the key in the ignition the ignition has so much play in it that it can be turned into accessory or all the forward. It will not turn far enough to engage the starter but has excessive play.