02 GT Midpipe Fit 04 Cobra??

KarmaKid

Apr 8, 2005
Western MA
A friend of mine picked up an 04 Cobra at an auction and is going to resell it. It currently has an offroad pipe on it. He wants to make it smog legal so it will pass inspection for the new buyer. I have my stock H pipe with cats in storage and was going to sell it to him. Odd as it sounds to me, he said it has a solid rear axle and not independant suspension, is that possible? Will my stock H pipe from my 02 GT fit on his 04 Cobra.

Thanks!

Oh, and by the way, it was my first ride in a SC Cobra......weeeeeeeeeee!!

• Sponsors (?)

Unsure on the mid pipes, i beleive all the mid pipes are the same but the 2004's have the 02's further back or something like that.

All 99+ Cobra have the IRS, so if it has a solid axle, that means someone swapped it as the solid rear is more durable for drag racing.

In my eyes, that would hurt resale as part of the Cobras higher value is due to the IRS and the fact that it now has a solid rear means the previous owner was into drag racing it often enough to want to swap to a solid rear

Unsure on the mid pipes, i beleive all the mid pipes are the same but the 2004's have the 02's further back or something like that.

All 99+ Cobra have the IRS, so if it has a solid axle, that means someone swapped it as the solid rear is more durable for drag racing.

In my eyes, that would hurt resale as part of the Cobras higher value is due to the IRS and the fact that it now has a solid rear means the previous owner was into drag racing it often enough to want to swap to a solid rear

Yeah, thats what we had assumed. The car also has a custom tune, so I'm sure the previous owner was into something.

I have some 02 extensions that I never used, maybe I could use those to extend them?

If i was him...I would keep that Terminator, even if I could make a huge profit on it. Your freind must not be that into stangs, or he already has a car faster than a 03-04 Cobra. Why would any1 ever want to get rid of a terminator?

Buy for $12,000 at auction, fix a few things and sell for $25K??

Heck i'd do it. Do it a couple times and that's a free Terminator right there with the profit you'd make

If i was him...I would keep that Terminator, even if I could make a huge profit on it. Your freind must not be that into stangs, or he already has a car faster than a 03-04 Cobra. Why would any1 ever want to get rid of a terminator?

He's a dealer man. That's what he does. Picks em up at auctions, drives em for a week or 2, then sells em for profit. He's actually a huge stanger and has a nice notch back he likes to spend money on. Trust me, he would LOVE to keep it. He has a Mach 1, a GT, and the 04 Cobra right now. I love visitng the car lot.......lol