$120 For Moog Bj's Or $140 For X2's

90lxwhite

I'm kind of a She-Man
5 Year Member
Aug 25, 2011
Between the Red and Rio
Ok so gonna go ahead have the ford racing B springs installed and I plan on doing ball joints at the same time. Moog balls are $60 a piece and a set of steeda x2's are around $140 for the pair. What is the way to go. Some say the steedas are kind of flimsy and teh ads also recommend using a bump steer kit which is more than likely not going to happen. So all that being said which way to go. I think the B springs will only drop the car an inch or so, so are the x2's really needed? Damn moog has sum balls (pun intended) charging $60.99 each I think. I haven't looked at a moog and a duralast side by side yet but c'mon moog twice as much!?!

PS: I know I'm gonna get the ole "ya get what ya pay for" but often times ya don't. Payin for a name

• Sponsors (?)

Its hard to beat a Moog piece....Its over engineered. Get it on rockauto.com and save more money.

The Moog ball joint is physically larger, has slots in the ball allowing better flow of the grease, a better thicker rubber seal and most importantly a grease fitting. Just off the top of my head from comparing them in the past.

I have the X2s. The ball joints themselves aren't flimsy, but the grease boot isn't the best design. You definately don't need to use the bump steer kit with them.

Kurt

Well, went ahead and ordered moog "problem solver" from rockauto for $35 each. I would've gotten the regular moogs w/ the grease fittings but they said they only had one remaining. The regulars were only $24 some odd each. Hope the problem solvers work out ok.

I need to have my moog BJs installed. Tried to have them done while getting all the tie rods replaced but they said they did not have a press. Ugh. How often do we grease the moog joints? Do you need to be carefull not to over grease them? Sorry to hijack but information may be helpful to the OP as well.

That's a pretty good deal. Doing a full lower job in my garage takes half a day or more for me if I have all the parts right there. It's at least $70 just for the alignment.

Kurt