Progress Thread 12th Owner: My '93 Notchback Restoration & Performance Build

What do you mean by hot? Like over heatin or just warmer than regular cruise tem
A couple rips in a row.

Maybe this thing is getting hot and not working as designed? IDK. It's an original part.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201217-074655_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20201217-074655_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Sponsors (?)

I was referring to engine temp, higher under hood temps could effect the relay/ wires, clean the contacts and install a new relay, the don't cost much.
I bought the fuel pump relay and will install it Friday. In the meantime my tuner advised me that my plugs are gapped to wide. They're at .55 and should be around .35-.38. Ill pull those and close the gap.

It's a good car, but old in car years. I think it just has COVID. Hopefully it will pull through in time.

You only need to that same when you are adding a power adder to the car. The stock gap is .45, which most open to .50
Pulled the plugs and reset them down to. 35 gap. Cold weather starting is a bit easier. Test drove the car. Same sensation. I could swear that the O2 sensors are bad because that is the bucking and hesitation sensation, but they're newer.

Attachments

• 20201217_161805.jpg
    20201217_161805.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 20201217_161800.jpg
    20201217_161800.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 49
Threw another $80 at my car by installing brand new O2 sensors. Drove the car today and received the same fault code: "41 -Heated Oxygen Sensor (HEGO) sensor voltage low / system lean". Later, my check engine light came on and I ran codes again and received: "91 - sensor voltage low / system lean". The car acts in a manner consistent with dirty O2 sensors. What could cause bucking and hesitation especially while the car is hot if the O2 sensors are otherwise good?

Threw another $80 at my car by installing brand new O2 sensors. Drove the car today and received the same fault code: "41 -Heated Oxygen Sensor (HEGO) sensor voltage low / system lean". Later, my check engine light came on and I ran codes again and received: "91 - sensor voltage low / system lean". The car acts in a manner consistent with dirty O2 sensors. What could cause bucking and hesitation especially while the car is hot if the O2 sensors are otherwise good?
Have you checked the wiring coming from the sensors? Just a thought

Reactions: 1 user
A sweep test means when you hook up the leads to test voltage very slowly open the throttle and watch the meter for a constant climb in voltage, if it starts to jump back to 0 volts or is otherwise erratic it needs replacing.

Reactions: 1 users