Progress Thread 12th Owner: My '93 Notchback Restoration & Performance Build

• Sponsors (?)

You may need to pull it off all the way down then use something round to help push it up into the corner then push the seal back from there going down.
That's a great point. I could remove the weather stripping and just relocate it. That would give the rear of the window area a fresh strip of weather stripping rubber. The condition of the weather stripping is fine otherwise.

My car's progress wrapped up in nine words: I fix one thing and discover something else broken. Gotta keep at it!
I feel that. I just did all that work on refreshing and swapping axles amd drive it for about a week. PS pump gave up the ghost. While working that, I noticed some of the issues you mentioned with the blown timing cover gasket. Ugh. I still love the damn car. I keep telling myself I’m just getting it ready for all that spring driving I’ll be doing.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel that. I just did all that work on refreshing and swapping axles amd drive it for about a week. PS pump gave up the ghost. While working that, I noticed some of the issues you mentioned with the blown timing cover gasket. Ugh. I still love the damn car. I keep telling myself I’m just getting it ready for all that spring driving I’ll be doing.
The other scenario is, "Man, my car is running great right now!" as you scrutinize every noise because you're expecting something to break at any moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I went ahead and replaced the body to door weather stripping on both sides and the slight crack between the old weather stripping and window trim is now gone. But it appears I also had a second problem masked by the first. The passenger side window is slightly off kilter in the top left (when standing on the passenger side and looking at the window) which is causing wind noise at speed. My bushings and motor have both been replaced within the last year. Is this a simple fix by adjusting the prop rod and nut on the bottom of the door? Again, I have researched old posts, but no direct answer is given on this subject.
20210211_174324.jpg

There is a pretty good window adjustment video floating around, but it's ben a while since I watched it so not sure of the source. Might be LMR actually. But once I went through that, it really tightened up the window a lot

Reactions: 1 users
Is the problem the window is crooked in the frame?
There are two adjustments on the coupe/hatchback models
Bracket assembly on the vertical rod that also is for front/back adjustment, not much to it.
There is a stabilizer assembly by the top of the rod that keeps the window from flopping when cycling up and down.
Good thing there is minimal adjustments cause I am almost a failure at window adjustments.

Is the problem the window is crooked in the frame?
There are two adjustments on the coupe/hatchback models
Bracket assembly on the vertical rod that also is for front/back adjustment, not much to it.
There is a stabilizer assembly by the top of the rod that keeps the window from flopping when cycling up and down.
Good thing there is minimal adjustments cause I am almost a failure at window adjustments.
The window needs to move rearward by about a quarter of an inch in order to seal properly. The height of the window is fine.

Adjusted the window back by loosening the shown nut and moving it rearward about 1/4". No more air noise while responsibly traversing the death corridors of SoCal otherwise known as our freeways. Thanks again guys. I'm literally fixing minute, minute issues at this point.

Attachments

• 20210212_202443.jpg
    20210212_202443.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: 1 user
Removed my passenger's side brake rotor today to have it turned at O'Reilly Auto Parts. $10 later and following a liberal application of brake parts lubricant and no more brake squeel. But during the test drive I notice the water pump to manifold hose is leaking. This car is as bad as my last girlfriend constantly demanding attention and validation.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user