Progress Thread 12th Owner: My '93 Notchback Restoration & Performance Build

No, I definitely will. I'm just not skilled in TPS language and need to read up on it.
If you have a digital volt meter, it’s as easy as putting some pins into the wires, and then watching voltage as you move the the throttle blade.
I use pins like these to put into the back of the plug, then touch my DVM probes to the pins.
image.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Going through my car visually before I start on the TPS. I can fresh antifreeze dripping down from between the timing cover and front of the engine block. I'm thinking this would clearly be letting unmetered air into the engine. Ugh.
20201221_152658.jpg

would be difficult for air to go in there and make its way to the intake track. If anything the coolant pressure would force coolant out and not allow air in.

however it needs to be fixed obviously

would be difficult for air to go in there and make its way to the intake track. If anything the coolant pressure would force coolant out and not allow air in.

however it needs to be fixed obviously
Yep. I can't find anything else obvious and I've tried the basics.

The symptoms are I drive the car normally and it's fine, but if I accelerate hard the car's character changes and it displays hesitation and bucking.

I would have never thought to suggest that. But then again, that’s probably something you’d just notice on the car which would cause you to investigate it

Reactions: 1 user
The rear main seal in my car is leaking constantly and naturally is annoying the hell out of me. I'm planning on pulling the trans, replacing the seal, resurfacing the flywheel and installing a new clutch while I'm in there. I'm looking for suggestions. My car will likely be under 400 rear wheel horsepower when it's finally done. Meaning all naturally aspirated with no nitrous or supercharging. I know the Valeo King Cobra is under $100 and is a popular choice. I was actually leaning toward the Ford Performance M-7560-A302N. Thoughts? My mindset is do it once correctly and not deal with it again.

Thanks and yes I did research this in past Stangnet forums before I posted this.
Screenshot_20210104-112426_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Looks like a lot have changed with King Cobra clutch kits. Seems a few have come and gone. But looking back, it appears I ordered a M-7560-C302 clutch kit back in early 2000's. It's been discontinued. Looking at pics of my disk, it's a M-7563-C302 pressure plate and a M-7560-A302 clutch disk in the package (along with a D9ZZ-7548-A throwout bearing)

The C302 (and C302N) Pressure plate have the same capacity as the M-7563-B302 pressure plate (25% more than stock Mustang clutch), but 10% less effort.

But this A302N kit has the M-7563-A302N pressure plate that is 40% stronger than the stock Mustang clutch. No reduction in pedal effort though.

So the A302N kit is stronger than than the older King Cobra clutch kits, but lacks that slight reduction in pedal effort. I'm putting my older kit behind ~325HPish, and i'm not losing sleep over it. If i had to buy a kit, looks like i would get the A302N kit.

I have a slight space, just a crack, between the window weather strip and the window trim. At speed it is noticeable as window noise. Although I've never seen old weather stripping pushed down, is it possible to be laid flat over time creating a space? Otherwise the weather stripping is in excellent condition.
20210131_183716.jpg
20210131_183709.jpg

The door looks like it needs to go back a little bit. Looks like its just barely catching the inside edge of the weatherstripping.

That quarter window looks amazing. It's been so long since I've seen one that looked that good.

The door looks like it needs to go back a little bit. Looks like its just barely catching the inside edge of the weatherstripping.

That quarter window looks amazing. It's been so long since I've seen one that looked that good.
Thanks. FoxResto for the quarter windows.

Ya, I'm thinking the weather stripping is somewhat flat. I played with pushing it up and it seals, but within a day or two it goes back down.