Progress Thread 12th Owner: My '93 Notchback Restoration & Performance Build

• Sponsors (?)

Can anyone advise me of the part number for the 5"-6" long radiator hose that runs from the passenger's side of the water pump up to the heater core feed tube? It's not an easy part to identify or locate among the other six radiator hoses. Thanks

Can anyone advise me of the part number for the 5"-6" long radiator hose that runs from the passenger's side of the water pump up to the heater core feed tube? It's not an easy part to identify or locate among the other six radiator hoses. Thanks

Not sure which one you need. I think it's the second hose. I also think I needed to trim 2" off

Bypass hose
Motorcraft p/n KM-640 (D0OZ-8596-B)

Water punp to tube hose
Motorcraft KH-307 (e6sz-18472-aa)

Over the past month I've fixed some dozen or so minor things on my car: squeaking brake rotor, noisy window trim, ripped weather stripping, reapplied engine stickers, door panel that was hung wrong, etc. I don't know if I'm excessively anal or just procrastinating the next big mod (Maximum Motorsports k member). $$$$$

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Haven't posted a photo in a while.
20210223_101011.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Noticed the other day when cold starting my car it would start and surge and immediately stall. I attributed it to cold weather, but also suspected something was off. I did a quick check of my engine and noticed the PCV valve at the rear of the engine was not in place. Maybe it blew out? Who knows. Reinstalled it and the immediate stalling went away. Just something to add to our knowledge base here as I've seen this question come up from time to time.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm starting the research on my next mod: the Maximum Motorsports k member kit. I'll be paying the reimbursable $60 for some upfront tech expertise from them, but I also wanted to reach out here for any suggestions or lessons learned. I'm planning on going with the Bilstein coilovers and non-offset a arms. Apparently these move the front wheels forward by 3/4" and provide increased caster and slightly improved weight distribution. This option has potential for some tire interference (depends on tire size), but can usually be accommodated with minimal modifications which will allow me to run a 275 wide series tire up front. I appreciate anything from you all.

I've noticed an increase in noise from my instrument cluster. I'm planning on pulling it in order to grease the female portion where the speedometer cable attaches. I have white lithium grease, dialectic grease and all kinds of other stuff. Has anyone dealt with this and have tips to make the spinning noise go away? There's no needle jumping, just an increase in noise. Thanks

Did you end up doing the MM k member yet?
Not yet. My car spent more than a month with my painter as the paint was separating along the side bumper piece on each door. I got it back and then fixed a number of small remaining things such as the newly released by LMR thin window trim. I may opt to paint the interior of my house first, but the k member is certainly on my mind.

Reactions: 1 user
Not yet. My car spent more than a month with my painter as the paint was separating along the side bumper piece on each door. I got it back and then fixed a number of small remaining things such as the newly released by LMR thin window trim. I may opt to paint the interior of my house first, but the k member is certainly on my mind.
I certainly know the “house projects vs the car” dynamic! As long as I’m moving forward on both, no matter how slow it may be on the car, I’m ok!

Decided to polish the exterior glass on my car because 30 years is a lot of abuse. Did my research and purchased 3M polishing compound. I'm very happy with the results. And by utilizing an orbital polisher it was actually very easy and straightforward.
20210512_103558.jpg

Attachments

• 20210512_103615.jpg
    20210512_103615.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210512_103545.jpg
    20210512_103545.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 4 users