15" Wheel And Tire Information

geordie

Founding Member
May 10, 2002
Hello Guys,
I know that there is a wealth of information out there on wheels and tires for classic Mustangs. Too much information.....I've read most of it.....some of it conflicting. I've tried some of the major wheel and tire retailers and have been disappointed with the feedback...or lack of it.
So, I am looking for new wheels and tires for my 1965 Mustang coupe, 5 lug, V8, specifically 15" American Racing Torq Thust D, gray center, VN-105 and BFG Radial TA's......classic set up. My suspension appears to be stock. I have modest disc brakes at the front, drums at the back.
After trawling through a wealth of information, I've boiled it down to the following set up.

Front: 205/60R15 - possibly a little bit small on the OD.....
Rear: 225/60R15 or 235/60R15

What do people think of this. I'm looking for 'out of the box fit', to fill more of the wheel arch, no rubbing, no need to roll fender beads etc. (my front fender beads are already rolled).

I'd really like to get some specific feedback, suggestions, photos, stance, experience, around this type of set up (15 inch wheels only). Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I run the exact tires that you propose and they fit perfectly. My TA's are mounted on Cragar S/S mags currently , but I'll be replacing them with Torque Thrust II's.

Mustang_FB.jpg

I run the exact tires that you propose and they fit perfectly. My TA's are mounted on Cragar S/S mags currently , but I'll be replacing them with Torque Thrust II's.

Mustang_FB.jpg
Thanks for the reply.
I believe that the 15 x 7 Cragars have a different offset (3 mm) from the Torq Thrust D's (-6 mm).

Do you have 225/15 or 235/15 at the back?