1966 Mustang GT Tires and Wheels HELP

MJS66

Aug 16, 2018
Wilmington, DE
Hi, new to this forum, I have a 1966 Mustang GT Coupe with 14x6 Steel Styled Wheels and Radial TA's on it.

I'm interested in replacing the rims with 15x7 Steel Styled Wheels and new Tires. However, I don't know what size Tire I can get for those rims without rubbing. I would like to get 4 of the exact same size tire. I have replaced the rear leaf springs with stock springs in the early 90's along with new front coil springs and shocks all the way around. I only drive the car every now and then. The car sits relatively flat.

Does anyone know if I can get 15x7's and what size tires will fit without any modifications..?
Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

Hi, new to this forum, I have a 1966 Mustang GT Coupe with 14x6 Steel Styled Wheels and Radial TA's on it.

I'm interested in replacing the rims with 15x7 Steel Styled Wheels and new Tires. However, I don't know what size Tire I can get for those rims without rubbing. I would like to get 4 of the exact same size tire. I have replaced the rear leaf springs with stock springs in the early 90's along with new front coil springs and shocks all the way around. I only drive the car every now and then. The car sits relatively flat.

Does anyone know if I can get 15x7's and what size tires will fit without any modifications..?
Thanks in advance!

I have the same car with P215/65R15-95S BFG Radial T/A's on 15 x 7 styled steel wheels. This tire has only 1/8" clearance with the upper control arm (which is O.K.) and is very close to the rear wheel well lip, even with new stock springs. This is a very heavy wheel/tire combination, adding a lot of unsprung weight (I should have known better). I recommend going with the 205 width on an aluminum version of the styled steel wheels