Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

All through the year it has been my goal to get this thing running, and to have it running by the time October came around so as to be able to make the Cruisin the Coast show.
It’s still on as of this minute, but I can’t help thinkin that we’re all kidding ourselves ( those that are still hoping something will have changed by then). Nothing screams “ Aint gonna happen” like a potential gathering that typically attracts 5000 registered participants, and twice that many spectators.
If they hold it, I’m going. That freakin car has been on jack stands for 8 months now..I need to be able to drive the damn thing.
I gotta admit,...Despite all of the headaches,... I have Zero remorse. Zero remorse for choosing The 2jz,...No remorse for finally choking down the 4l80e..MOF,..I cant wait to start. Now I know this may seem like double talk....( I know I’ve kinda said that i’m going blow up/ shoot/ push it off a cliff,..All statements made after I lose the battle trying to make something fit that’s not supposed to.)

But,.......you know what changes my mind every freakin time?....

This talks to me:
:
20200716_170553.jpg

And...When I started it without a trans, and the thing was a sewing machine.....That just happens to be able to easily make 600 hp, With No “annoying vibration” to keep me up at night...Just a future vision of: “This is what it’ll be like when you quit trying to make things in your garage,......you cheap fck“.
:nonono:

Oh yeah....zoom in on the pic, and look at the splattered oil all over the driver side fender that the exhaust cam gear is flinging all over the place. Piece of sht,...I’m gonna blow this thing to the Moon, I swear to God..:runaway:

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
  • Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
All through the year it has been my goal to get this thing running, and to have it running by the time October came around so as to be able to make the Cruisin the Coast show.
It’s still on as of this minute, but I can’t help thinkin that we’re all kidding ourselves ( those that are still hoping something will have changed by then). Nothing screams “ Aint gonna happen” like a potential gathering that typically attracts 5000 registered participants, and twice that many spectators.
If they hold it, I’m going. That freakin car has been on jack stands for 8 months now..I need to be able to drive the damn thing.
I gotta admit,...Despite all of the headaches,... I have Zero remorse. Zero remorse for choosing The 2jz,...No remorse for finally choking down the 4l80e..MOF,..I cant wait to start. Now I know this may seem like double talk....( I know I’ve kinda said that i’m going blow up/ shoot/ push it off a cliff,...) But you know what changes my mind every freakin time?....

This talks to me:
:
20200716_170553.jpg

And...When I started it without a trans, and the thing was a sewing machine.....That just happens to be able to easily make 600 hp, With No “annoying vibration” to keep me up at night...Just a future vision of: “This is what it’ll be like when you quit trying to make things in your garage,......you cheap fck“.
:nonono:

Oh yeah....P.S.. zoom in on the pic, and look at the splattered oil all over the driver side fender that the exhaust cam gear is flinging all over the place.

Hell yeah.... the reward will be well worth the sleepless nights, the tirades in the garage, the aches and pains, the money spent (did I miss anything). Lol
Can’t wait to see it where you want it!!

When you remove the bolt . There is a press in ball ( well supposed to be ) similar to the ones in the galleys on the block . My friends was completely missing . So any oil the cam saw ( has holes in the casting ) made its way out of the front of the cam bolt threads and did exactly what you’re showing .

@CarMichael Angelo is there some reason you don't want to check this out? Since it's already open, seems like the right time to check it and avoid the take it out again blues.

EDIT: The engine is still in, just the trans is out, right? In that case, I can see hoping it's just the seal.

I seem to recall someone else saying it but it doesn't look straight. That seems off more than parallax of the camera would suggest.

I do love that gold (orange?) crinkle on it - it peaks out just enough from the black parts to make things interesting.

@CarMichael Angelo is there some reason you don't want to check this out? Since it's already open, seems like the right time to check it and avoid the take it out again blues.

EDIT: The engine is still in, just the trans is out, right? In that case, I can see hoping it's just the seal.

I seem to recall someone else saying it but it doesn't look straight. That seems off more than parallax of the camera would suggest.

I do love that gold (orange?) crinkle on it - it peaks out just enough from the black parts to make things interesting.
I plan to..I’m hoping that that’s all it is. Right now the plan is to leave the engine in place and try this from under the car. and sealing that bolt is a matter of removing it, gooping the threads and screwing it back in.

it’s an optical illusion amplified by the coils dominating the exhaust cam cover.

Last edited:
The torque converter is done...Including tax, another grand going into the bullet-proof trans fund.They called me for my CC, but i had a customer, and had to put them off till tomorrow. They’ll ship it out tomorrow, I’ll have it Wednesday.
The transmission reseller was a........( what’s the right word here) :chin.....Bitch.
I asked that she include the wiring harness pigtails as part of the sale,..She tells me that she can’t, and that she was in the business to make money, not give it away. She provides me with a link to buy the transmission harness that she had listed for 30 bucks...

Two things:

1. Im buying a 13 year old transmission that they are reselling for 900.00....used. Are they making money here?
2. The 30 dollar harness was for a ford transmission..Clearly they need to know more about their business than just making money.

I re-read the instructions for the shift kit...After the “mods” all 4 gears are going to be manual. The only wire i’ll need will be to lock up the converter...In the end...She can keep her stinkin old ass wiring harness....I won’t need it.
What I do intend to use this time around, is the transmission gear selector switch to visually be able to see what gear i’m in using some type of indicator light system ( That’s not made by Dakota Digital, or Lokar). So, I will need that pigtail.

I called my driveshaft guy...He’s still doing this sht, so when it’s driveshaft time,..i got that problem solved too.

The transmission has shipped as well....Everything I need to do this is in motion now. If i wasn’t going to Amelia Island this weekend with Kate, I’d be sweating my ass off, and screaming at bolts in the garage instead..I think I’ll take this opportunity to “gather my thoughts and center“.:banana:

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
The transmission has shipped as well....Everything I need to do this is in motion now. If i wasn’t going to Amelia Island this weekend with Kate, I’d be sweating my ass off, and screaming at bolts in the garage instead..I think I’ll take this opportunity to “gather my thoughts and center“.:banana:

Mani-pedi or just a pedi and Chinese massage?

I've gotta stop looking at this site.

I've been trying to avoid that f'ing song since 1997.
That will not be a problem for me on that freakin waste of bandwidth.. Who would even spend more than the 10 seconds it takes to start having seizures from watching it?

Uhhh NOOBZ?

Why am I not surprised? :shrug:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Surprised
Reactions: 1 users
That line was partially snipped from a song by one of the better looking members of the Black Eyed Peas.

The song’s pure pop goo, but the scenery is worth it, and it sticks in your head...So I give it :nice::nice:.

Wow, must be subliminal. I didn't even know that was a lyric. I just came up with it after my step son was saying he and his wife went and got pedi's and massages Sunday. Seemed like something you and your wife could do.

As for me, I don't like touching my own feet, I sure as HELL ain't paying some 4'9" Korean lady to touch them for me! I'm ignoring the seizure inducing media included elsewhere in this page.

Why don't I just steer this bus back onto the main route...We've got a schedule to keep.

AND.. it don't stop at trekkie conventions, Riders dressed as Wookies will be ejected, and any empty head playing his dumb ass music without headphones will have to fckin walk.

Well, Now that the gang‘s starting to come out for the evening.....
Things are starting to roll now...
( too bad I won’t be here to catch them )

The converter shows up tomorrow...Tomorrow is the night before vacay...so who knows what evil will lurk in the hearts of men?
or in the brains,....specially since whiskey will be in the mix..

I’ve prepped Kate for the deluge of parts that’ll start arriving tomorrow,....there’ll be a PTC shipment, and a summit order that should arrive...The trans will be held at the freight terminal, and the adapter should be here when I get back on Sunday. Seems that what I thought was ordered last Thursday, wasn’t.....I called the Adapter guy this morning to check the status of my order and his reply was ....“ What status?...I don’t have an order from you?”

Perfect...I guess I’ll order the damn thing now.

After checking my new CC balance..the new tally reads 3300.00...The 2j was at least $6000...and now the trans is gonna add $3500.00 to that...For those adding sht up,...Putting a 2 j into anything where decent power is the end goal.....set aside 10 grand.

Using the above,...Ask yourself...

A.Could I have a functioning 600 hp coyote and trans for less?
B. Could I have a functioning 600 hp LS and trans for less?
C. Could I have a functioning 600 hp 351w and trans for less?

Did anybody choose C?.....Cause I coulda......

Shot myself in the face instead.

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.