Progress Thread 1985 Gt I Finally Have A T Top Car.

I put the 98 Cobras on my 93 for winter and picked up some cheap 16" rollers from a 98GT. I like them and do think I will be buying new tires for them come spring. Currently has 225/55r16 up front and 245/50r16 in the rears I think I want 245s all the way around.

I also found the build sheet today. fullsizeoutput_294.jpeg fullsizeoutput_295.jpeg fullsizeoutput_296.jpeg fullsizeoutput_297.jpeg IMG_2151.JPG
fullsizeoutput_294.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_295.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_296.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_297.jpeg
IMG_2151.JPG

Was it under the carpet? That's where I found mine.

Now you've got me curious, I need to go dig mine out...

• Sponsors (?)

I picked up a reman 93 Cobra booster off amazon for 95 bucks, Now I am scared to try to install it!

I need to paint it first as well. I have not yet bought the heater core or evaporator. Goddamn I am lazy

Reactions: 1 users
I have done boosters on the later Foxes never on a 4 eye and internet says it is even tighter on these old 4 eyes.

Yep. I had to reshape the tower, AND the booster, AND slot the holes. If I were to do it again, I'd cut the tower and weld in a recessed/curved panel for clearance.

Your mileage may vary. It seems like for every person like me there's somebody who hardly had to do anything at all to get it to fit.

Booster installs are like vasectomies. Nobody really looks forward to it, but the actual procedure isn't that bad and it helps prevent accidents that will cost you a lot more in the long run

Reactions: 4 users
Nice!

MA is way too restrictive on classic plates. You can only drive to/from car shows or parades or to the repair shop. That's it.

So I just run a mustang-related vanity plate instead

Pretty open ended limits:

“Classic” license plates are black on white. Every three years you will receive an ownership verification card to verify that the vehicle and license plate are still in use and your address is current. By affixing your signature below, you hereby certify that the vehicle is over 30 years old, that it does not qualify as an “Idaho Old Timer”, that it is in original or authentically-restored condition without major modifications from factory specifications, and that it will not be used for commercial or regular personal transportation

Pretty open ended limits:

“Classic” license plates are black on white. Every three years you will receive an ownership verification card to verify that the vehicle and license plate are still in use and your address is current. By affixing your signature below, you hereby certify that the vehicle is over 30 years old, that it does not qualify as an “Idaho Old Timer”, that it is in original or authentically-restored condition without major modifications from factory specifications, and that it will not be used for commercial or regular personal transportation
I wonder how "regular personal transportation " would be interpreted? Daily driver?

@GroverDill you live up near Spokane? I grew up there. Looking to move to Boise, currently in Lost Wages NV and been trying to leave for 10 years .

Love the build man, actually motivated me to do more with my 95.
Yeah I am in Rathdrum, like 30 miles east of Spokane , commuting to Spokane daily makes me sad but it pays the bills.

Reactions: 1 user