1995 AODE Swap to 1996 Stick

Intercoledc6

Jun 19, 2009
Hey guys :nice:

i am thinking about swapping my 1995 5.0 AODE to my 1996 4.6, switch the trannys from one car to the other, Is this possible, Here the deal, i purchased a 1995 really cheap and it has a new AODE in it, My 1996 4.6 has a stick in it, I want to swap the 2. It will be my daily driver and i don't really want to do all the shifting in the traffic during the commute.. Has any body done this, switch stick to auto with these to models... isn't there electronics on the AODE that need to be tied into the ECU?

Larry :D

• Sponsors (?)

After doing a little searching, i find that the transmission will not fit the 4.6... like the guy posted in the last post. i will need a 4r70w i believe, plus a control box and a wiring harness looking about $450 just for the harness and computer box.... i think now, I like the stick shift, its not really that bad...lol...lol

Larry :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yeah, 94-95 has a 2 bolt starter. 96+ have a 3 bolts starter. Find a 2004 Mach 1 4R75W. That 75W has better gear ratios and is the best auto trans ever put in a Mustang. If you can't find that, any 99-04 GT trans will work.