2000 GT: Steering

These aren’t old springs. They are new Eibach Pro-kit springs.

Popped out the upper front isos. Let’s see what this does

IMG_6325.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

Seemed to have helped

Fronts: 27.0” 26.75”
Rear 27.5”. 27.0”

IMG_6323.jpeg

Going to see if I can clock the low spring on the rear to push it up and lower the high spring in the front. They are diagonal from each other

Front tire is an inch in diameter smaller, so there will be a little more gap. I might have to pull the lower isolator as well.

Pre-drop for comparison. 28.25” rear and 27.75” front
IMG_6319.jpeg

Last edited:
Tore my rear brakes apart. Think I’ve figured out why my brakes never felt right.

Pads had a slight taper to them, and an uneven wear pattern on the rear. Can anyone guess the issue?

IMG_6326.jpeg
IMG_6327.jpeg

Foreign material/object between piston and pad/shim?

Well kinda. The notches on the piston are supposed to be positioned at 12 and 6 like this

IMG_6328.jpeg

Reason for that is because there are alignment pins on the pads that fit into the notches. Well these pads only have 1 pin. So as you can imagine with the piston 90 degrees from where it should be, the pin sat on the face of the piston rather than slipping into a notch. So the pad was cocked. You can actually see on the piston at the 6 o’clock spot where the pin on the pad was pressing

Brakes always felt spongy no matter what I did. This would explain it.

Have not checked other side yet.

I can salvage the rotors, but the pads are all at an angle, so new set of pads incoming

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Ended up pulling the door panel out along with kick panel and door sill. I did a decent job cleaning those up, but they still looked a tad grimey.

Took advantage of the LmR 7% sale and ordered some more cans of paint. Going to prep this up and redye it.

My plan is the NOS carpet, redyed door panels, and sill/scuff panels and console should freshen up the interior. Already did the rear quarter panels.

Going to do the center bezel in silver like the IUP cars when I do the DD conversion and 01+ console. Still haven’t gone junkyard hopping yet.

You can see the grime at the rear top of the panel. It was much worse when i got the car. Going to clean up first with that Mold Armor spray first, and then prep for paint
IMG_6344.jpeg
IMG_6345.jpeg

I’m impressed with this mold armor stuff. I’ve hit this panel with degreasers and other cleaners and thought it was as clean as I could get it.

Mold armor says “hold my beer”

IMG_6351.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
I had the motorsport B springs which were Eibach pro's on my Tigger car. I was never happy with the drop out of the box. I ended up cutting the dead coil off the rears and probably another half coil or so off the front to get the car to where I was happy with it. I went sportline when I did my wifes 00 GT which I was happy with out of the box. It should settle a bit more when you get some miles on it. Looks good :nice:

Picked up a couple Strattec replacement keys with Ford branding. $19 each key. $6 to cut the two of them.

1700671621024.png

Loaded up ForScan on my laptop, and 15 mins later I had three programmed keys. VERY easy to do and total cost was $46 for the two additional keys

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Ended up pulling the door panel out along with kick panel and door sill. I did a decent job cleaning those up, but they still looked a tad grimey.

Took advantage of the LmR 7% sale and ordered some more cans of paint. Going to prep this up and redye it.

My plan is the NOS carpet, redyed door panels, and sill/scuff panels and console should freshen up the interior. Already did the rear quarter panels.

Going to do the center bezel in silver like the IUP cars when I do the DD conversion and 01+ console. Still haven’t gone junkyard hopping yet.

You can see the grime at the rear top of the panel. It was much worse when i got the car. Going to clean up first with that Mold Armor spray first, and then prep for paint
IMG_6344.jpeg
IMG_6345.jpeg

Nice fresh door panel. Off to do the other side now

IMG_6444.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users
Did the other side. Looked so fresh and new that I decided to keep going.

Everything removed is redyed. Gonna grab some plastic to mask off the dash and spray the light portion in place. Not going to do the dark portion. I don’t think pulling the dash will be worth it.

IMG_6466.jpeg

Once I get that all set, carpet and seats are coming out so I can install the NOS carpet and start to recover the seats.

Still haven’t gone to junkyard to get a parchment 01+ console yet

Springs/shocks were a slight deviation, but I’m pretty much right on track.

I like clean interiors. After this, only mechanical mod is to ditch the dorman aftermarket intake and get the ford Pi intake back on.

Finaly thing I’ll do here is cut and buff the paint. Really want to see if I can get the shine back.

We will keep it through next summer and then make a decision as to what to do with the car then.

Here’s a good pic showing the deep grime on these panels.

This is where the airbag sits. You can see how it’s clean and fresh under the airbag (to the right) but the main dash has deep grime in the texture. Despite many products used, I can’t get it out

IMG_6474.jpeg

So my solution. The prep is the longest part

Before
IMG_6475.jpeg

And after
IMG_6477.jpeg