2007 Shelby Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

How can such a statement be refuted? With the heart and soul of Carroll Shelby beating strongly in this Ponycar, who can doubt that dreams of the 60s are now being connected to today’s world of modern muscle?

How much work did Shelby actually do on this car?:shrug:

If I was on the Special Vehicles Team, I would be pissed that someone who probably did little(if any) work developing the car is getting their name on it.

If I ever own one, all the Shelby badging will be removed.

Almost every last red cent of the proceeds will go the the childresn heart fund. I am personally glad they got that that much for it.

Who cares if CS had anything to do with it? At 83 and a borrowed ticker, he is lucky to be alive. Funny that everyone jumps on the "sell Out" bandwagon when the majority of his money goes to the heart fund.

tylers65 said:
Funny that everyone jumps on the "sell Out" bandwagon when the majority of his money goes to the heart fund.

Yea, the guy's a sellout. But that has nothing to do with my point.

My point is, several different people worked very hard to develop this car and drivetrain, and now Ford is throwing Shelby's name all over it. And Shelby never really liked the Mustang. He even admits that when Ford asked him to develop the '65 GT350 he didn't want to touch the Mustang cause it was a "secretery's car".

A sell out will put his name on anything and everything in the interest of personal gain.

Now, I will not debate the fact that he will put his name on anything and everything. That has already been proven (Dodge Omni). But I will debate that it is for personal gain. He lives comfortably but not in total excess. The majority of the money he earns by putting his name on everything goes to children that would otherwise die.

God forbid you or your future children may find youself in need of help from someone who put their names out there for the sake of helping others.

Bono = Sell out?
Oprah = Sell Out?
Bill Gates = Sell out?
etc etc etc

Several people helped develope the Cobra. Hell, the car was designed in Brittain by AC, and the engine was bult and designed by Ford. What is your point? SVT didn't do much. So they took a car that was designed and engineered by several other people, built by hundreds of other people and then put some suspension parts (built by other people) and an engine that was built by them into a Mustang and called it an SVT.

By that logic, My 65 fastback could be officially called a "Tyler". I built it. I put the suspension on it. I put the go fast goodies on it.

SVT got the credit they deserved. They hand built one part of that car and got their name on that one part. The engine. Beyond that, all the research and developement was done by the companies that designed the parts that are on the car. Bilstein, Brembo, Recaro, etc etc etc.

Prove to me that SVT did much more than put a souped up engine in it and throw aftermarket parts at it until it went faster and went around corners better.

Now, had SVT actually been able to get an IRS into the GT500, I might feel that they deserve more credit. But all this car is is a Mustang GT with a lot more power.

SVT is a dying name. They called out the competition and as soon as the competition showed up they ran away.

SVT Cobra = Shelby GT500
SVT Lightning = Axed with no ETA for a return
SVT Adrenalin = Axed with no hope of being built
SVT Fusion = Set back with no ETA for a build date if any
SVT Focus = Axed due to poor sales

Whlie Chrysler slaps a Hemi and SRT emblem on damn near anything that roles off the assembly line, Chevy puts SS stickers on anything and everything, SVT acts like a timid dog and rolls over so you can scratch their belly for them.

I used to think of SVT as the coolest cars on the road. Now, they are a relic reminding us of better times.