2015 Gt With 3.73's 0-60 Difference?

RDMYPNY

Dec 23, 2014
When I bought my 15' I drove one with and without the GT performance pack. The GT performance pack seemed to make a drastic difference in acceleration. It went from fast to very fast. I'm guessing this difference is due to the 3.73's.

Does anyone know what the 0-60 times are with and without the performance pack? What about the 1/4? It seems like the 3.73's should shave off half a second in the 1/4, or am I just dreaming?

I can't wait to add new exhaust and a couple of bolt ons to open the engine up a bit.

• Sponsors (?)

3.73 gears should make a notable improvement in 1/4 mile times as well as the seat of the pants driving feel. I don't think there is enough hard data out there to really compare the two side by side yet. I know at least for me, living in NJ the weather doesn't cooperate this time of year to do much drag racing... I'm looking forward to making some passes at the drag strip but that will likely wait until March. The road coarse is happening this weekend though :)

Not at all silly. I used to always try to get at least 25mpg on road trips in my 04' GT. I'm hoping my 2015 gets better than the 15 after break in. Im sure it will also get better once I get used to driving it. I'm used to shifting at 3-4k in my 04' and found in the 2015 that 3k shifts are the sweet spot.

The 3.73s will not only make a measurable difference in acceleration, they also will give you better control on a road course and in everyday driving.
Taller gears would only help gas mileage on pure highway driving or with an automatic transmission. Around town, the 3.73s may actually help mileage if they allow you to get into a higher gear that would lug with the taller gear set. The 3.73s may also help gas mileage if you live in a mountainous area since they help the engine maintain speed both uphill and downhill. Once you're in top gear on flat land it is a simple matter of tuning and RPM.