255/40/17 vs. 245/45/17 need a quick answer

jeffl9682

Sep 6, 2006
my tires are junk, i got a blowout on the highway. i work at a local toyota dealership. we have 1 pirelli tire size 255/40/17 that they said they would give me. id only have to buy two for now. my question is how much different in height be with the 255 40 compared to the 245 45?
thanks guys

jeff

• Sponsors (?)

first off pirelli's are garbage and 255/40's will increase the already ginormous fender gap your car already has (assuming the car is stock)

even if you get the tire for free, 1 additional pirelli will probably cost about the same as two BFG's or Nitto's anyway

thanks for all the quick responses guys. i appreciate it. i forgot to mention, the car is lowered ith h&r springs so i barely have any gap. i was just looking all over the place and i guess the tire is discontinued so id have to search ebay. seems not worth my time. I can get sumitomos at tirerack for like 63 bucks each, which obv isnt a lot but the quality wont be top notch. My dilemma is i really want 18" saleens but i cant afford them right now so im just trying to go the cheapest route for tires for my stockers just so i can drive the car.

Want cheep? Buy Sumitomos, they are a GOOD tire and offer decient traction. Cant get anything near their performance for less than double their price :nice: