3.73 made me slower?

• Sponsors (?)

what did you change to get that better time?

as for the next mod... it really depends how indepth you want it to be. easy mod would be something like an RPM intake and a 70mm t-body. any aftermarket set of heads will do nicely on that.

Drop those 60's to 1.8 and your looking at mid 13's! :nice:

That's what I ran, 13.8 @ 98 mph. Only I was running 1.8 60ft times.

13.54 :D I want to get heads or something next, anyone have any ideas what i should do next? Stock 5.0 with full exhaust, CAI, D/R.

I'd say I nailed that one on the head!! :D

Intake 1st! If you can get heads & intake at the same time do it! If not go for the intake 1st.

Sounds like you got the technique figured out. :nice: You could use a bit more mid/top power. The cheapest way to get that is to buy a cam. You can get a nicer power curve to fit your gear for like $1000 less than a set of heads. For me and the way I spend my money, a set of heads isn't just a set of heads, I start thinking about porting, studs or shaft rockers, domed pistons, then rods... on down the line.

Sounds like you got the technique figured out. :nice: You could use a bit more mid/top power. The cheapest way to get that is to buy a cam. You can get a nicer power curve to fit your gear for like $1000 less than a set of heads. For me and the way I spend my money, a set of heads isn't just a set of heads, I start thinking about porting, studs or shaft rockers, domed pistons, then rods... on down the line.

To get a cam before heads or an intake is bad, it's "r-e-a-l-l-y" bad! The cam comes last on a 5.0, most people will agree. :shrug:

1st - Intake & heads & cam
2nd - if you can only afford 1 at a time then it's Intake, then heads, then cam.

To get a cam before heads or an intake is bad, it's "r-e-a-l-l-y" bad! The cam comes last on a 5.0, most people will agree. :shrug:

2nd - if you can only afford 1 at a time then it's Intake, then heads, then cam.

Agreed!!! :nice:

Save your money, buy the cam last. Any cam that will work with the stock heads and intake is going to leave alot on the table with upgraded heads and intake.

I've run a best of 8.55 @ 83.4 in the 1/8th on street tires with the stock cam. I'm still using the stock MAF, too.

I love threads like this. It shows back to back improvements with modifications and with the driver. It's really making want to purchase some DR's. :nonono:

Dizzy,

Keep this thread going as you modify the car. Keep up the good work, too.

yep.

even just adding a cobra intake and t-body will make a nice top end difference.

The cheapest way to get that is to buy a cam

if by cheap you mean part, then yes, you can get a cam for like $159, but then factor in just the labor to put it in :nonono:

I plan to keep it going all the way untill i reach me goal, Thought it'd be nice for people thinking about getting something but needing more evidence of what it actually does to the car. My E/T's are droping pretty good and my car is alot of fun to drive. And THANKS! I cant afford all three of those at once so having them put in order like that is awesome for me, i was thinking of a mass air flow sensor T/B Trick flow intake manifold (Street) As i have to pass emissions tests. And a new strut tower brace. We'll see :). Here is my time slip!

Well a typed out version of it.

It was a really nice day out but still 10-20% humidity.

R/T .260
60' 1.911
1/8 8.628
MPH 80.13
1/4 13.544
MPH 99.96

Best MPH of the day was 100.10

So my next mod is Trick flow intake manifold (Upper and lower) and a T/B if i can afford it i will try to do a mass air flow sensor. Ill probably change out my spark plugs and wires too, I'll post what i did before i go to the track and then post what the outcome was. Thanks for the help guys :D :SNSign:

If your planning for heads soon then ok. But there are better intakes for stock headed/cammed 5.0's. Yeah a 65mm TB will benefit you greatly! A bigger MAF is gonna help to.
You should think of getting a power pipe over a CAI, they actually add power! :nice:

I'm curious. I have the stock intake, but with K&N filter, air silencer deleted, bigger maf, and 65mm TB. How much more power will I get if I change the rubber tube, with a bigger metal tube, such as C&L. 90 bucks for a C&L intake tube is crazy, but is it worth it?

Kind of lost as to what set up to go for. Trickflow seemed like a good choice, not sure what to do though. Most power and can pass the sniff test is what im going for. If you have any ideas of a heads intake combo that would out do the trickflow street that isnt way more then ill start looking around. Thanks for your help!

I'm a fan of AFR heads. But go with your gut. Go with what you wanted.

I'm going with boost. So I'm not gonna tell you what H/C/I set to go with. They all pretty much are close in HP & torque. Depends on how much you wanna spend.
How much HP & Torque are you looking to get?