32 Valve Mark VIII options???

Dorny

Jan 23, 2007
Lawrenceville, Pa
I was in my local boneyard and I found a 95 Lincoln Mark 8 with the 32 valve Intech. I talked to my buddy up there and he said I could have it for $400. From what I've found on here, it should go in with minimal problems. My concern is and I don't know if it really should be is, intake manifolds. I'm assuming that the Intech is cammed differently and the intake made to enhance low end torque. I believe that I am correct that they came with B heads, much like the early 4 valve cobras. I guess finally I'm trying to figure out if a Mach 1 intake will work with the B heads. Also why is it so darn hard finding Cobra intakes? Am I on the right track here with this engine swap in my 98 Gt?

• Sponsors (?)

The b-heads will not work with the c-head intakes (99+ Cobra or Mach 1). You're on the right track with the swap. Honestly, if you can't find a 96-98 Cobra intake and 96 Cobra cams, I'd suggest getting a pair of ported PI heads or finding a top end kit from a 99+ 4V car (heads intake, etc..). One difficult thing with going the 4V route, is you have very limited space under the hood for the very wide 4V heads, and IIRC you'll need to source a throttle body cable and brackets, etc...

Ported PI 2V heads, cams, and headers on the Mark VIII short block (you'd need notched pistons) would net around 12:1 compression and if you tuned it to run on E85 it should easily net over 300 RWTQ and 300 RQHP. Even if you installed stock unported PI heads it would still be a very stout combo.

We just did a 4V swap at my shop (check out my shop facebook page). We put a 93 Mark VIII motor into a 96 GT. Pretty straight forward and easy. We also did cams and intake from a 96-98 Cobra to complete the swap.