351 mpg? and i gizz myself lol..

wgpaintballer

Oct 7, 2005
I was walking home from work last night gas sucks.. lol.. but i was passing my negihbors house and i noticed he had a 4 eyed with some monster rear tires.. he was waxing it.. so i decied to make some small talk it, and it was a 85 police fox in manual.. then once i was going to ask him what he was running under the hood, he must have read my mind.. cause he poped the hood and there was a 351 crate with a demon carb.. i almost gizzed myself rite then.. but it got better he started showing me pics of him with slicks doing wheelies only about a foot of the ground but still.. major low end torque then he asked the ? which he needed no ansewer and he was like u drive stick? and i was of course and he threw me the keys lol.. the trq was so strong it hurt to shift.. i want one so bad. he said if i had some more money lying around he would have sold it cause he wants to start a new project.. i told him one day but till then what kind of mpg can i expect from a 351 im looking for +20 and 400rwhp around there i want to start the build this summer after my t5 swap.. which wont last long lol..

• Sponsors (?)

nice of him to lend you the keys like that... I don't even let my brother drive my car and it's a basic oil burning 5.0L that needs a paint job :D

very cool, A built 400hp 351 could get good mpg driven decently but know where around 20+ mpg. Mid to high teens would be my guess.

I have been tracking my mpg since I built the 408w. My sig has my average economy.
I can hit 20mpg on highway trips pretty easy, and that was before the addition of the tweecer. Now that I can tune the motor properly it should get better.

My car is overweight with a sound system and I am running 3.27 gears. I plan on rebuilding the t5 to 2.95 spec with a .5x fifth gear and swapping to 3.55 in the rear. This will provide another boost in economy, as well as better acceleration in 1-4!

Build a reasonable combo and DON'T use a carb.

A tuner or quality tune will probably be required to get over 20mpg. It may take more than the average 1hr on a dyno type tune.

jason

wgpaintballer said:
I was walking home from work last night gas sucks.. lol.. but i was passing my negihbors house and i noticed he had a 4 eyed with some monster rear tires.. he was waxing it.. so i decied to make some small talk it, and it was a 85 police fox in manual.. then once i was going to ask him what he was running under the hood, he must have read my mind.. cause he poped the hood and there was a 351 crate with a demon carb.. i almost gizzed myself rite then.. but it got better he started showing me pics of him with slicks doing wheelies only about a foot of the ground but still.. major low end torque then he asked the ? which he needed no ansewer and he was like u drive stick? and i was of course and he threw me the keys lol.. the trq was so strong it hurt to shift.. i want one so bad. he said if i had some more money lying around he would have sold it cause he wants to start a new project.. i told him one day but till then what kind of mpg can i expect from a 351 im looking for +20 and 400rwhp around there i want to start the build this summer after my t5 swap.. which wont last long lol..

i didn't know that cop cars came in manuals :shrug:

With EFI and the right tune you can still get upwards of 20mpg on the highway with a 351.

When i read your thread title i thought you meant 351mpg....i was a little confused lol.