• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

351w And Afr 225cc Heads

  • Thread starter Thread starter tschellinger2
  • Start date Start date Jan 21, 2015

tschellinger2

Member
Mar 29, 2014
21
7
14
Jan 21, 2015
#1
  • Jan 21, 2015
  • #1
Hi, I am currently building a 1992 coupe foxbody and was running into some questions I had before going ahead and getting my engine built. I plan on building a 408w and putting a set of AFR 225's on it. These heads as you probably already know have exhaust ports that are raised 0.375" higher than stock which will throw off the geometry of how things sit in the engine compartment (mainly the headers). I am running a tubular Team Z K member with a flaming river manual rack, and I am planning on running a tko 600 trans. I would like to be able to lower the car a little bit and don't want to run into ground clearance issues, as I know a lot of headers available tend to hang low to the ground. So my question is what set of headers have worked for any of you who have run a similar setup? Am I better off contacting a vendor such as Kooks and having them build a custom set of headers once the engine is built and installed in the car so I can give them the proper measurements to build off of? I know this topic has been covered in the past, so excuse me ahead of time for asking. I've read multiple threads throughout this forum and others, but nobody was ever able to give a straight answer to the topic from what I've read. Thanks for your help! -Taylor
 

tschellinger2

Member
Mar 29, 2014
21
7
14
Jan 21, 2015
#2
  • Jan 21, 2015
  • #2
I guess now to add to this, I just spoke with a rep at Kooks and the set of custom headers they sell for a 351w running afr225's will not work with a team z k member. Unless I want to bring the car to them and have them fabricate something that will work for my setup which could run close to $2700. Got some more digging to do!
 

A5literMan

At least it is lumpy...
5 Year Member
Jul 30, 2011
4,674
2,343
194
Illinois
Jan 22, 2015
#3
  • Jan 22, 2015
  • #3
Once you get into aftermarket k members the "order out of the book" headers/parts starts to get complicated. Which you already know. The higher exh port on the AFR heads is a pita. I know kooks has headers for them and a stock member and I thought they have them for a UPR member. Have you checked into Hooker super comps? How about Stainless works? I know they have some for TFS high ports. Nice car btw! you should have a build thread. Good luck.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

9
Engine Donor '00 Mountaineer meet '91 Fox
  • 91firecracker
  • May 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
41
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 28, 2026
91firecracker
9
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
223
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
R
Microsquirt tune for stroked 351W in a foxbody
  • roldy
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
6
Views
239
Digital Self-tuning Forum Aug 11, 2026
roldy
R
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
180
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
S
Engine Stalls when downshifting/coasting
  • Scott_S
  • Nov 5, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
829
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 6, 2025
Mustang5L5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?