Stang9597

Jul 20, 2016
KY
I am building a 393w for my 1995 gt. '94 up 351w block. I am needing help with the camshaft, as i have everything else and i'm wanting to get the motor finished ASAP.
393w
Scat rods and crank
Mahle forged pistons
Edelbrock performer rpm heads(ported)
Edelbrock air gap intake (ported)
Holley Double Pumper(i have both a 750 and an 830)
All MSD Ignition
Hydraulic Roller cam
Under 11:1CR
I spoke with lunati and my cam specs are going to be as followed( unless someone else convinces me otherwise)
240/248 @.050
.580/.580 lift
107 lsa

Where can i improve in the cam specs? More or less duration? Tighter or wider lsa? Lunati is saying the range on this cam will be 2500-6800rpm. Will pump gas still be an option here?
Let me know what you guys think

• Sponsors (?)

Power brakes and ill run a hydroboost if a vacuum canister isnt good enough( doubt it will be) and yes it will be a street car. Not my daily driver so i am willing to sacrifice driveability.

That's where I was going,tight lsa lower vac. at idle.
I have a little more duration, 244/252,bigger intake,
(ported super vic. 950 QF) and 112 lsa. At 13.5 ish afr
pulls 11 inch's @ 900 idle.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, the 112 would help me with my vacuum. But my engine builder says to go with at least a 108 but is wanting me to go with a 107.. and the idle would be sick:nice:. I know im going to get slammed for this... but im looking for a good mix of performance and a nasty idle... gear grabber, whats your CR and what octane do you run?

With my cam specs around what rpm will my peak power be? Is the 2500-6800 rpm estimate from lunati about correct? Cause my engine builder has a cam with very similar specs and a similar engine (418" stroker) and he spins his to 7400 rpm.. dont really want to do that as i will be babying a t5 till i get the money for a tko

Hmm, kind of small heads for that big of a cam. A single grind lift is what I would expect out of Lunati. Not trying to be condescending, but I would be more worried about the heads than the cam. Just about any cam is going to suck those heads dry well before 6000rpms.

Kurt

Get in touch with Brian Freezy . He will set you up with a custom cam .If you need his info shoot me a message.

Yes, that is my main concern as well. But, my engine builder has an engine with similar heads, similar cam and his is still breathing well past 6k.. well past 7k..:nice:

Yes, that is my main concern as well. But, my engine builder has an engine with similar heads, similar cam and his is still breathing well past 6k.. well past 7k..:nice:

Does the timeslip and dyno graph support this as well?

Seat of the pants feel sometimes lies to us men haha jk.

But real I'm just curious what the combo makes in the curve powerwise.