4.6 spitting o-rings out of 2 injectors

as for bending, it's just the bracket that is bending not the rail. It might have lost it's mojo but it really seems like something else is going with fuel pressure not relieving to me b/c it's not happening when driving - all 3 times we found the leak was in the garage after driving it and it sits.

I see what you are saying. Once that metal starts bending, it does weaken. Mine is more of a 90 degree Z-bend there, so from your pic it does look like the rail is already compromised.

47 psi (the max you saw) inside the rail equals about 8 lbf at each injector of upwards force assuming a 0.180" opening into the injector.

Took a peek on Ebay and was surprised to see how few 4.6L fuel rails there were. I did see a couple at $100-150.
 
I see what you are saying. Once that metal starts bending, it does weaken. Mine is more of a 90 degree Z-bend there, so from your pic it does look like the rail is already compromised.

47 psi (the max you saw) inside the rail equals about 8 lbf at each injector of upwards force assuming a 0.180" opening into the injector.

Took a peek on Ebay and was surprised to see how few 4.6L fuel rails there were. I did see a couple at $100-150.
I've got one in my inventory but would prefer not to separate it from the manifold, typically people want them together... These cars are getting older so finding a perfect one is tough and they sell for a premium from what they did that's a fact: https://ebay.io/m/8DyQCG

I'd offer $89.99 and let him counter his bottom line, not easy to sell either right now...

Mark
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: squeak93