5.0 Stroker How To Verify?

Max22

Jul 1, 2015
So here's the deal: my engine blew and I stumbled across a really good deal for a stroked to 5.0 PI 2v 4.6. He has the oil pan off it and I was wondering how I could verify that it is indeed forged stroker internals. He was going to build it into a monster but instead went with the respectable yotee option. He said he was willing to send me any pictures I may need.

I've done a lot of mechanic work on my stang but the farthest I've gone into the engine was a full PI swap and just recently dropping the oil pan.

Also important to note, it hasn't been ran in 6 months (oil pan is currently off) will this be a problem?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

He must know who made the kit so I would verify through pictures that they are indeed the correct parts. He should have receipts for the work unless he bought it assembled with no receipts for the work.

He said he never checked to see what was in it. By the sounds of it he bought it with the kit already in it. He has receipts for the gasket work he had done but nothing else apparently.

It'd have to have been stored pretty carefully for me to consider buying it if it had been without a pan for the last 6 mos. That's sucky.

As for whether or not it's a stroker how about:
- pull a plug out
- rotate the crank until the piston on that cylinder is at TDC
- obtain a length of welding rod; slide it into the plug hole and mark a reference point on the rod with a Sharpie (referenced to, say, the cylinder head)
- rotate the engine until the cylinder is at BDC and make another mark on the rod
- pull the rod out and measure the distance between the marks with a vernier

Won't be exact but you should be able to tell the difference between a ~3.54 (stock) and a ~3.85 (stroker) crank

Well he said about 6 months since its been on the road so I'm not sure how long it's been sitting without a pan.

Okay yeah that's a good start. I didn't think about measuring it that way.