Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I never said I didn’t like liquor, I just said I don’t drink much of it;)
I hated whiskey at one time ...Now it’s preferred. Beer makes you feel bloated,..whiskey makes you feel drunk. It makes sense if you’re a car guy trying to make the most power with the least amount of fuel...

You can run 3 gals of gasoline at 95 lb/hr, or 9 gals of methanol at 150 lb/hr to make the same power.

Except you need a tank ( stomach) 3 times as big to hold all of that fuel.

Last edited:
I hated whiskey at one time ...Now it’s preferred. Beer makes you feel bloated,..whiskey makes you feel drunk. It makes sense if you’re a car guy trying to make the most power with the least amount of fuel...

You can run 3 gals of gasoline at 95 lb/hr, or 9 gals of methanol at 150 lb/hr to make the same power.

Except you need a tank ( stomach) 3 times as big to hold all of that fuel.

I kind of got into this craft beer craze and enjoy all the different microbreweries as they chase the ultimate taste!! And it takes much less of these to feel it, than that Bud Light I know you despise!
And, luckily, so far the tank (my belly) has remained in shape!

There it is, the right side brace.
5E5CF515-3C73-4D34-9F35-8692383322D0.jpeg

There it was.
2D3A8DA8-2CB1-4DE9-A18B-6A29AD3629DF.jpeg

Now that I have the one side out it really allows me to look at the backing plate. I’m starting to think I don’t need to weld in a cross brace bar at all. That backing plate is just as thick as the braces are.
5414AA05-841B-4CBA-9948-4CC4B71B7A9D.jpeg

Sure, it’s not as strong as a tube, yet.....If I weld it in more completely to the subframe on each side, wouldn’t that be enough? The torsional forces in this area won’t be anything like they were with the sra.

I am kind of reticent to remove that backing plate, it is also the backing plate for the rear seat belts.

One of my buddies is lending me his good 1/2” belt sander tomorrow. I’ll be using that to make the removal of the left brace MUCH easier.

Once I have that one out I’ll lay under Booger and throw my brain at the issue the best I can.

Reactions: 2 users
How come I post a simple pic of a can of Corn liquor, and i get pictures of liver damage..Dave posts pictures of belly inflating beer, and he gets atta-boys?.....
Because Mikey, people aren’t afraid of me deleting my thread because it has butt loads of bs on it.

Your thread however, I wanted to make a friendly smartass reply to the can of whiskey, but then I remembered your admonishments about too much stupid stuff in your thread.......

So, there you go buddy, I’ll just save the stupid stuff for my thread, lol.

Stupid is welcome here!:worthlesa:

Btw, how’d you like the booze?

Because Mikey, people aren’t afraid of me deleting my thread because it has butt loads of bs on it.

Your thread however, I wanted to make a friendly smartass reply to the can of whiskey, but then I remembered your admonishments about too much stupid stuff in your thread.......

Its smooth and sweet Dave....Definitely not like Bookers.

I think it also had something to do with the image of whiskey in a type of container one would normally associate with paint thinner. Or Skydrol if you're @jrichker.

Amazingly so much more room with that sucker gone.

Dammit...I need an IRS. Not sure if it's just my location, but price of them seems to be going through the roof. Seeing them now for $1500.
I had to drive to Waco for mine, but $800 bucks, can’t beat that.

I guess there were only just so many made though, especially the ‘03-‘04 model cobras.

My friend brought in his cordless 1/2” belt sander for me to use tonight! Excellent!
D513A8E0-5B0A-4A05-B2D5-2C7815D37D12.jpeg

BTW, for y’all that are interested in a presidential debate game, go to the Off Topic Hangout and participate to your own abilities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.