88 Mustang Lx Street/strip

ashton23l

Jan 18, 2016
new to stangnet, been reading lots of threads, mixed results. so I joined and have a few questions. I have an 88 LX 5.0 5 speed. I am building for street and strip, but mostly performance. it has the MAF conversion already, cold air intake too. that's about it. I am going to be building a brand new motor on the stand next to it to put in. but for now, I am curious, I have an EGR delete and throttle body spacer that came with the car but they are not installed. the car is stripped down right now. getting a cage and other safety items. I have zero smog laws here and can do anything. should I put those parts on? if not, why not? mostly I am interested in the throttle body spacer. I get the idea of a tunnel ram in a carb car, but how does the spacer help in a FI car? thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

the spacer that originally came on the car had coolant lines connected to it to help with warm up. You can ditch the lines and the egr, although you will likely get a cel with the egr removed. The spacer must remain in some sort as it has the provisions to mount the throttle cable/bracket. You can get solid spacers that delete the aformentioned items, but do not go much shorter than a 1/2" spacer or your linkage will not clear

Reactions: 1 user
Unless you are running an oversized tb or need to set up a unique tb/linkage then you will see ZERO benefit from tampering with the spacer. Let it be and focus on other mods.

Reactions: 1 user