'89 Gt Wheel/tire Combos

• Sponsors (?)

17x8's that are sold on Mustang sites should fit no matter what. If you rub you lowered it to far. You didn't mention how you plan on lowering. Drop spring kit? Coilovers?

Have you ever modified a car before?

17x8's that are sold on Mustang sites should fit no matter what. If you rub you lowered it to far. You didn't mention how you plan on lowering. Drop spring kit? Coilovers?

Have you ever modified a car before?
i want to eventually do coilovers, but for now it will just be a spring kit. I'm an Early Bronco enthusiast, so I'm pretty new to the Mustang stuff. I'm starting my build with platform work first, I already know what I want to upgrade to but I don't know which brands/kits are the most logical for me.
ex: adjustable or non-adjustable control arms? stuff like that

Congrats on the mustang and we needs pictures. Also, the search engine on here works and can give you several options as well as photos of other builds. It will also so member experiences of what did or did not work. Good luck.

I did the whole drop thing and ended up doing tons of research. In the end I went with high quality Bilistein dampers all around. For the front I went Maximum Motorsports coilovers. Rear I run Eibach pro-kit springs on MM adjustable ride height control arms. With this option I can set my ride height where I ever I want it on all 4 wheels. You will get tons of opinions on how to do it. I read quite a bit on the Corral road racing forum.

If you wanna do it cheap head over to the Corral classifieds and pick up a set of used drop springs. If it were me I'd do H&R or Eibach pro-kit. For struts I'd run Koni STR.T's.

There is a wheel and tire thread on the Corral(wheels and tires subforum) that will show you every wheel imaginable on a Foxbody.

When I bought my car it was on Ford Motorsport B springs and blown out elcheapo KYB struts. It had the most god awful ride imaginable. I would avoid those products.

This is how my car currently sits, I have the ride height fairly conservative since the roads are junk here:

May2012.jpg