91 Lx K-member Question

jmast

May 16, 2012
so korea
Hey all, I've been having some tire rub issue with my notch when turning, especially backing up. Not huge, just annoying. Also, the front tires appear to sit back a little in the fender well. So I got under it and noticed, that my K-member was positioned all the way back (looking at the elongated bolt openings). My question is, can this be moved forward and what is involved. I am running stock ponies on 245's and car is at stock height.

• Sponsors (?)

The stock k-member does not really allow for any adjustment. Those elongated holes for the rear mounting points are just to make it easier to install the k member on the assembly line. The front holes near the strut towers are not elongated. They are just slightly oversized, so you may only get 1/8" of forward movement at best. I'm not sure why your wheels are sitting back further with a stock setup. Some aftermarket setups move the wheels forward, but I've never seen anything where things are moved back.

I suspect it has been hit. time to brake out the plumb bob. I was wanting to get some new springs to lower it but this condition has made me hesitant. Guess I'll tackle the rubbing problem first. Door tag says tires are 225, maybe running these will help aleviate the problem. Thanks for the info.