'93 Fox - On3 Turbo Build Project- PICS

Not all of the 94-95 fans were two speed.

V6 fans were high speed only and the GT fans had the low/high speed. You’ll have to see which one you have.

You can use the pimp to turn on/off a relay to control the fan. I used a standard a Bosch 75a relay to control my 94/95 fan for years before I went pwm.

• Sponsors (?)

See below. Also a crappy layout in paint.
Turning the cutout to the pass. side with the electronic flapper pushed the exit too low to the ground due to clearance to frame rail. Only option was to point it driverside.

1646247946931.png

1646247873156.png

Reactions: 1 user
quick little update here and a question regarding e-fan.
Finally found some time to jump into the garage to install the 3G alternator. All done, it appears to be working fine not really sure how to confirm that. Starts, drives, batt voltage good etc.
IMG-20220410-WA0011.jpeg

Also, picked up a cervini clone cowl hood freshly painted (oxford white, not vibrant white unfortunately for me, but heavy prep is all done) for cheap so hard to pass up. Hope this will help to get some underhood temps down as well. Heard this should not be run without hood pins though so need to source those before mounting this on.
20220413_210938.jpg

The real question i have is, after doing some digging into the sn95 fan, could someone tell me how the 2 speed actually functions? It looks like there is a CCRM module that regulates power output to the fan. Ive connected both the R/O and O/LB circuits individually and combined and makes no change to fan speed so definetely nothing internal regulating it. At this point i'm just going to wire it in as a single speed on/off with the MS3 and maybe if this fan works better sitting in hot traffic with AC on vs the clutch fan ill look to an actual controller.
20220412_222415.jpg

mustang_1995_24-7.gif
W and O/

Reactions: 1 user
Look at the wiring for the V6 fan. I believe they are high speed only, so both wires will only do high.

I have one and pretty sure that’s how it operated. If you want a low speed, you can install a resistor pack from the contour fan

Hey guys,
Finally getting around to installing the fan. Trying to make a conscious effort in driving it this summer so hoping this will allow AC for the wife.
I decided to wire it to the Pimpxs instead of a standalone controller and looking for some assistance. I have wired it per the startup manual.

I have relay wired like this:
30 - starter solenoid power
87 - to one of the fan power wires
85 - switch 12v from a previous add-a-circuit
86 - pin 55 on the computer.

My problem is strange or obvious and over my head right now. When I key on engine off, the fan will turn on. When I have engine on, the fan will shut off and not turn back on even though I have it programmed to turn on at 180deg.

I've tried operating in test mode but it will just stay on regardless of any input from tunerstudio when the engine is off.

Confused... help lol

FYI.
OK so not really an obvious fix, BUT its fixed. I guess when i was playing around in test mode, even though the buttons were all greyed out assuming it was disabled it must have still been on in the background. I restarted the laptop and TS and sure enough everything works as it should!

So far in the garage in 28degC it will knock down from 190 to 180 in about 15s. Will be able to go for a test drive tomorrow and see how it does in 32C and humid while stuck in traffic with AC on. Big ask.

Reactions: 2 users
He’s so busy he doesn’t check in here for long periods of time.

Try this email

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users