93 LX 2.3L no change when I unplug MAF

So after I drive for 15-20 mins. My car will act like it doesn't want to take throttle. I can feather it around 1.5k rpm but any more than that and it will bog down and if I put pedal to floor it acts like it wants to backfire and the air duct off throttle body will jump. My engine light wont stay on long enough to get a code.

But I unplugged my MAF sensor and there was no change at all in idle. I didn't drive it with the sensor unplugged. Just wondering if MAF would cause this issue? Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Used a jumper and got codes. 33. 34. 43.
I will post picture of the site i used for how to get codes. I checked codes with KOEO and KOER

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200203-183214.png
    Screenshot_20200203-183214.png
    281.1 KB · Views: 170
But I unplugged my MAF sensor and there was no change at all in idle.
This just means that your car is likely running in OL control, as opposed to CL control. Odds are, one of the sensors that feed into Closed Loop control, is out of range, and the computer is running Open Loop. Open Loop means fuel and timing are based on lookup tables, and feedback from the O2 sensor is ignored (doesn't adjust fueling based on O2 feedback).

33R,CCanister or EGR valve not operating properly
34O,R,CEVP voltage above closed unit
43CLean fuel mixture at wide open throttle –
43REngine too warm for test

Was the engine at operating temp when you ran codes? ECT sensor is part of CL control...

Engine was at operating temperature when I checked the codes. And I checked out the EGR valve. The tube is broken from exhaust. Someone has welded the hole on exhaust manifold but EGR tube is open on the bottom. Could this be part of my issue? And should I replace? Or get an EGR delete?

Replace or delete, either way works... there isn't much economy gained from the implementation of EGR on these cars... you likely won't notice a difference, I didn't.

Reactions: 1 user
If the EGR is open it is like a big vacuum leak. I would delete it, at least for the time being, and see if it resolves your running problem. If so, then you can make the call on whether to add it back later on. A block off plate should be simple to install, just make sure it is gasketed so it doesn't leak for your test.

I'm not sure it is the root cause of your problem, though. I would think you would have problems right away, not after 15-20 minutes.

Reactions: 1 user