94/95 MAF install completed!

89lxcoupe said:
well if thats the case then why can you use the 94-95 sensors on the fox c&l meter if you don't have a 89-93 ! the meter has a section that controls the metered air, the sensor its self doesn't. i had it on my car with the stock 90 sensor and it worked great, i went to a 76 c&l is the reason i don't need it any more !

Just because the sensor will bolt in doesn't make it right. If you were to actually sample the A/F ratio with the Fox electronics in the SN-95 meter you would probably find a very lean ratio. Additonally the sensor will max out at a specific point and won't tell the computer that more air is moving through the MAF.

• Sponsors (?)

Maryland Stang said:
Just because the sensor will bolt in doesn't make it right. If you were to actually sample the A/F ratio with the Fox electronics in the SN-95 meter you would probably find a very lean ratio. Additonally the sensor will max out at a specific point and won't tell the computer that more air is moving through the MAF.
I have tried using the 89 electronics in the 94-95 housing and can verify that it does not work well at all. The engine runs lean and the car pings badly, even on 93 octane gas. I would definitely say don't do it.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay, I just received my Ebay MAF adapter. It does fit but it is very flimsy and you may have trouble getting the gasket that goes between the adapter and the MAF to seal up good. The sealing flange is made of very weak and thin aluminum and bends easily by hand. When you tighten the bolts to attach the adapter to the MAF be gentle or they will warp the adapter. I must say, however, that the weld between the flange and the 3.5" pipe is exceptional. Very nice looking.

If you have the $44.95 to spend you should buy the adapter from the Kustomz website above but if you're on a serious budget then the Ebay adapter will work.

My ebay adapter worked fine. The gasket on my CAI doesnt go all the way to the square part due to the bolts pushing it out a bit but it still seals ok. I didnt think the one I got was flimsy like that.

How about 94-95 MASS sensor in 01 Bullit GT housing , i use that for about year , made 230HP/280TQ before h/c

Stock_vs_Bullit_2.jpg

Stock_vs_Bullit_1.jpg

Stock_70mm_vs_Bullitt_80mm_2.jpg

Bullitt_installed_1.jpg

Dyno.jpg

Attachments

• Stock_vs_Bullit_2.jpg
    Stock_vs_Bullit_2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 140
  • Stock_vs_Bullit_1.jpg
    Stock_vs_Bullit_1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Stock_70mm_vs_Bullitt_80mm_2.jpg
    Stock_70mm_vs_Bullitt_80mm_2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 171
  • Bullitt_installed_1.jpg
    Bullitt_installed_1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Dyno.jpg
    Dyno.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 204
Update on adapter

I sent Kurz Kustoms an e-mail regarding their MAF adapter and here is their reply:

ME:

There is a discussion on stang.net about adapting a 94/95 70mm 5.0 Mustang MAF to a 89 – 93 5.0 Mustang and the one sticking point was that noone was able to find an adapter that fit on the flange of the 94/95 MAF. Your website came up as a resource but noone had any first hand knowledge about whether your adapter (TR70) would actually fit. The original poster said he tried a number of different adapters that looked like they would fit but none did. Can you confirm whether your TR70 will fit the MAF from a 94/95 5.0 Mustang?

KKM:

Yes, it is a direct fit and will not have the negative step, turbulence inducing, issue as is found with the eBay or foreign knock-off adapters.

Warren
[email protected]
www.kustomz.com

Looks as though we have a reliable adapter source! :nice:

Okay, I just received my Ebay MAF adapter. It does fit but it is very flimsy and you may have trouble getting the gasket that goes between the adapter and the MAF to seal up good. The sealing flange is made of very weak and thin aluminum and bends easily by hand. When you tighten the bolts to attach the adapter to the MAF be gentle or they will warp the adapter. I must say, however, that the weld between the flange and the 3.5" pipe is exceptional. Very nice looking.

If you have the $44.95 to spend you should buy the adapter from the Kustomz website above but if you're on a serious budget then the Ebay adapter will work.

Did you get the one that I purchased? It did not come /w a gasket... it was thin but was not bendable by hand. I used some black rtv on it to make sure it sealed even though it appeard to line up perfectly. Mine was black btw too, in case mabey we got different "ebay" brands.

if your having the car custom dyno tuned does it really matter what electronics you have in the MAF ??

i would be tempted to just buy the bullit MAF above, put my stock electronics in and have it tuned for my set up.....

Did you get the one that I purchased? It did not come /w a gasket... it was thin but was not bendable by hand. I used some black rtv on it to make sure it sealed even though it appeard to line up perfectly. Mine was black btw too, in case mabey we got different "ebay" brands.

Yes, I got the same exact one. The reason I know it's weak is because the mounting flange was bent at one of the bolts holes like someone had dropped it at some point. Just for chits and giggles I tried bending it back by hand and it moved suprisingly easily. You know it wasn't like I had to wrestle with it to get it to move or anything but it's not like my 4 year old grandaughter could bend it.

Not to hijack, but when running the SN95 on a Fox, do you have to get the pig tail too? I noticed in one of the pics posted above that the SN95 is rectangle with a ridge on each side. My Fox is a little more oval looking.

TheBocSez said:
Not to hijack, but when running the SN95 on a Fox, do you have to get the pig tail too? I noticed in one of the pics posted above that the SN95 is rectangle with a ridge on each side. My Fox is a little more oval looking.

The SN-95 MAS is plug and play on the original Fox wiring harness. If it does not fit then someone has either changed the wiring or the sensor in the meter.

DucatiRdr said:
My MAF pigtail clipped right on to the 94/95 MAS I have.

Here is another question: My 94/95 MAS came with a screen, similar to what is on my 55mm MAS. I removed it and all seems well. How much will this lean out my A/F ratio?

I have never seen a SN-95 MAS with a screen but keep in mind that I have never worked at Ford and I surely don't know everything. Removal of the screen shouldn't lean out anything since you're only decreasing resistance to air flow and not increasing the capacity of the MAS. An example of increasing capacity would be if you were to grind the center section out or bore the meter to a larger size.

TheBocSez said:
Mine is almost identical to this situation. The MAF harness pigtail on my 91 is more oval like the one on the right. The MAF sensor connection on the 94/95 MAF I have is rectangle like the one on the right. Do I just need to clip a pigtail from a 94/95 and solder it on?

The connector on the right is the correct connector. If your MAS has a rectangular connector it is the wrong one. The first 4 digits on the MAS should be F2VF. There were no other MAS meters used on the 94/95. The pigtail on the 94/95 is also oval.

The MAS from the 94/95 is plug and play. If you have to do any electrical modifications then something is wrong. Either someone has changed something or you didn't get what you paid for.

mine reads F57F 12B579 DA any ideas?

Looks like it is a 97-98 Explorer or Mountaineer with a 5.0 engine.

See http://www.swapsupply.biz/ECD/11b-mafapplicationguide.pdf for full details .
You will need the Adobe Acrobat viewer which is also a free download – http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

There is a full list of MAF sensor elements listed by part number and cross referenced to the vehicle they came off of. Looks like a very handy list to have.

The 94-95 Mustang 5.0 MAF sensor is also found on:

1995-94 Mustang 3.8L F2VF-12B579-A2A,
1994-92 Crown Victoria 4.6L F2VF-12B579-A2A,
1995-94 Mustang, Mustang Cobra 5.0L F2VF-12B579-A2A,
1994-92 Town Car 4.6L F2VF-12B579-A2A,
1994-92 Grand Marquis 4.6L F2VF-12B579-A2A,