94-95 stock temperature gauge reading

Well i just got it tonite(95 cobra)(pics will be in other thread soon) . And i was wondering whats everyone temp is around. myne seems to fluciate between the r and beginning of A of the word NORMAL on the gauge, just wondering if its normal. im guessing it gets close to the A in normal, and the high speed fan kicks on and it goes back down.....im going to a shop tomorrow to make sure my radiator still flows good. Also what is the stock thermosat set at?

• Sponsors (?)

Get a cheap guage from Autozone/Pep Boys ($20) and install it real quick to make sure that the stock guage is correct. My stock guage was high and I kept thinking it was overheating but it turned out to be the stock guage was off.

yeah get a nice autometer one those stock gauges are a pile of ****, for instance the oil pressure is simply on and off that's it lol, so get an autometer oil pressure and water temp, install their sending units and u will not be dissappointed

Mine runs between 180-210 depending on if Im crusing or in traffic. Never gets above 210. No more guess work for me since I put the autometer guages in. It never really got above half way on the stock guage.

Holy crap my car runs really hot then. Sometimes I'm up into the A or L in NORMAL. But then again, i think it is broken because it fluctuates a lot when the voltage changes because of the UD's.

I need some new gauges. :(

igotyofire said:
i went to friends shop, connected to scanners, and the highest the temp gets too is the A on the normal in the gauge and it reads at about 217 when low speed fan kicks on., my cobra runs around 209-217 at idle,hehe
If it's on the letter "A", I hate to tell you, but it is WAY HOTTER than 217* (at least if your stock gauge is accurate). If youre sure the MEASURED TEMP was accurate, then your gauge is reading higher than it really is.

RC

94GTLaserRC said:
If it's on the letter "A", I hate to tell you, but it is WAY HOTTER than 217* (at least if your stock gauge is accurate). If youre sure the MEASURED TEMP was accurate, then your gauge is reading higher than it really is.

RC

yea im going to pick up a water gauge soon, problem is i have mach 460 so no room for the gauge in the console. and dont wanna remove the clock to get a ford or kennebell style gauge pod, so only thing left is the pillar but i dont wanna look like a ricer,hehe any ideas?