94 Cobra

NJDevil219

Oct 15, 2004
Hey Guys. Im in the market for a new car. I have been around these forums for some time now but i just now decided to join. Anyway i was driving around the other day when i saw a bright red 94 cobra coupe. this car is beautiful. i spoke with the owner and he told me about the car. He is the 2nd owner, it has always been garaged ( in florida), clutch just replaced, new starter and new tires. everything on this car is stock except for flowmaster mufflers and a different spoiler. the car has FLAWLESS paint and it has 73,000 miles on it. he claims it has no problems and i couldnt spend a penny on it if i had to. no leaks no nothing..of course i would still have a mechanic check it out. obviously its a 5.0 but like i said...amazing car..the only exterior things i noticed was that the rear bumper didnt say cobra (not sure when they started stamping cobra on the bumpers though) and the trunk lid has a slight gap between the rear bumper(i have seen this on a few different stangs though) im not sure if the car was rear ended of if they came like this for the most part. anyway his asking price is $8,900 but he said he will negoiate a little but hes not looking to give the car away...so what do you think? should i go for it? what are the pros and cons? no traction control? please let me know.

thanks

doug

• Sponsors (?)

The 94\95 Cobras had "MUSTANG" on the rear bumper & the space between the bumper is normal. The 5.0 are good motors and can last a long time with proper maintance. That sounds like a good price to me, I'd say go for it.
Check the vin for a "D" in the 8th spot.

yea the 8th spot of the vin is a D. i had someone run a carfax for me in the 5.0 forum and it looks like its clean. im going to look at it again tomorrow so wish me luck. hopefully it wont be sold. any other opinions? im prolly gonna go for it.

thanks

doug

the 94 would be a great car, i have a 95 cobra and i love it. the price seems about right but i would try to get him down as low as possble. Also if you didnt notice the rear left trunk lid doesnt have svt on it, if you end up buying it then i would get one of those. :nice: No they dont have traction control which has its pros and cons, mostly pros because it saves lives...lol. just buy some really nice tires like nittos or something and you should be fine. here is a website of the differences between a GT and a cobra.. http://crunch.colorado.edu/~cobra/topics/95/mike-95cobra-features.html

i believe that the 94's and 95's have pretty much the same thing...same hp, and extras

Some problums that i heard were build quality :bs: and the back seat space...there is none.....nothing has gone wrong with my car and if you get the 94 you will love it. -ryan

Sounds like a good deal, sometimes i wish i still had my white 94. Good car, good drivetrain. Traction controll sucks for racing anyway. Just take it real easy if your driving on wet streets, the torque band on 5.0 starts around 2000 rpm, so youll spin yourself in circle if you punch it from a stop on wet streets. I hit a wet spot on freeway on ramp one time and kissed the guard rail, just tore up the front bumper cover but it was a wake up call. They are only rated at 245 hp but it comes on fast :) Good choice enjoy