95 Gt 5.0l missing a gear

THx guys, sounds like a good plan alley I havent really messed with the tranny fluid for a bit. and pro killer im not sure what the maf is??? and whats the milleage when you should have to change the tranny fluid, and filter? wondering cause im curiouse how long its been, i got the car at 100,000 now at 120 miles.

• Sponsors (?)

Oh and is it a complicated process to do the tranny fluid and filter on this car, by complicated I mean, do i have to remove components to get to the filter, like with that ****ty spark plug on the left back side, i hate that spark plug so much.

No - its easy to change tranny fluid. Lots of bolts to undo on the pan, but that is about it. There is an opening that you can use to access the plug on the converter if my memory is working properly. Just be prepared to sop up any spills and you are good to go. It will drip forever.

The MAF is a sensor that hooks up to your air intake box over on the passenger side of the engine compartment. If you have changed your air filter, you have likely unplugged the harness to the MAF in order to get the air box out of the way. It is in a kind of squarish plastic box and is actually a part of the air intake assembly. When you get it apart, you will notice that there is a tiny little wire that sticks out from the side into the middle of the assembly. Be VERY CAREFUL with those tiny little wires. They are fragile and can easily be broken. You can get MAF cleaner at the parts store. But, I am pretty sure that any NON-CHLORINATED electrical cleaner will do the job. Personally, MAF cleaner is readily available and its not expensive, so I buy that. just spray the hell out of the assembly and let it air dry. Some people say to use a Q-tip to clean the wires, but I am paranoid of breaking them and I have found that just spraying and allowing to dry works adequately.

Thx man, ill give that a try tomorrow, then give it a run, then ill check out the tranny situation, i just looked at the Chilton guide on that, and it seems like an easy job, that book is like a car bible, i love it. Really though guys I cant say it enough thx for all the help, im glade i joined this site.

Thx man, ill give that a try tomorrow, then give it a run, then ill check out the tranny situation, i just looked at the Chilton guide on that, and it seems like an easy job, that book is like a car bible, i love it. Really though guys I cant say it enough thx for all the help, im glade i joined this site.

When you clean the MAF sensor make sure that you use MAF sensor cleaner which can be found at any auto parts store.