95 Gt Supercharged Overheating

Coby Barefoot

Jul 30, 2017
I have a 95 gt with a vortech supercharger 4lbs of boost cobra injectors and maf , vortech boost management system with boost retard e303 cam 8mm ngk wires and distributer , not sure of the timing 3 core aluminum radiator dual fans 180 stat . And on my autometer gauge the car gets up to about 230 no matter the temperature outside or how you drive the car any help or ideas why it's running so warm

• Sponsors (?)

Radiator and fans were put on with the vortech system about 2 years ago I've only had the car about a month , I put the stat in the way the markings were on the stat this side facing engine this side side facing radiator , which way is the spring supposed to be facing
Was anything in the cooling system changed recently? T-stat installed proper direction?
Radiator and fans were both put on with the super

What pulley you running to only see 4lb of boost? I'm mostly concerned with your comment about not sure of the timing though. That's an important thing to know when running a car with boost. How's the oil and coolant looking? Any chance there could be a head gasket problem? I run a stock radiator on my car with a S-trim pushing 15psi and the absolute hottest I ever see is about 190deg. Make sure the fans are coming on and blowing in the right direction. Might also make sure the radiator cap is in good working condition. I've seen them cause overheating issues as well. Oh one more thing... What is the stock gauge showing for temp? I've seen gauges do some weird stuff if there is a air pocket in the cooling system.

Reactions: 1 user
What pulley you running to only see 4lb of boost?car was like that when I bought it I've only owned it about a month I'm mostly concerned with your comment about not sure of the timing though. That's an important thing to know when running a car with boost. I'm going to check the timing today haven't had the chance to check it . How's the oil and coolant looking?oil and coolant looks good no signs of head gasket leak or anything Any chance there could be a head gasket problem? I run a stock radiator on my car with a S-trim pushing 15psi and the absolute hottest I ever see is about 190deg. Make sure the fans are coming on and blowing in the right direction. Might also make sure the radiator cap is in good working condition. I've seen them cause overheating issues as well. Oh one more thing... What is the stock gauge showing for temp? The stock gauge was running around the L in normal I've seen gauges do some weird stuff if there is a air pocket in the cooling system.

What pulley you running to only see 4lb of boost?car was like that when I bought it I've only owned it about a month I'm mostly concerned with your comment about not sure of the timing though. That's an important thing to know when running a car with boost. I'm going to check the timing today haven't had the chance to check it . How's the oil and coolant looking?oil and coolant looks good no signs of head gasket leak or anything Any chance there could be a head gasket problem? I run a stock radiator on my car with a S-trim pushing 15psi and the absolute hottest I ever see is about 190deg. Make sure the fans are coming on and blowing in the right direction. Might also make sure the radiator cap is in good working condition. I've seen them cause overheating issues as well. Oh one more thing... What is the stock gauge showing for temp? The stock gauge was running around the L in normal I've seen gauges do some weird stuff if there is a air pocket in the cooling system.