'95 spindles on a '90.....pandamonium

Notched90

Sep 9, 2005
I bid on "fox body, 87 to 93" spindles on ebay, then the guy emails me and tells me that he just realized that they are from a 95 stang, but they should still fit. These front axles don't look the same....Will they work on my car?? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If you paid 5.0 spindle price for 95 spindles, then you made out. ANtyhing less than $100/pair is a steal.

94+ spindles will only work with 5-lug hubs, so if you want to stay 4-lug, sell off the spindles and buy 87-93 spindles.

Or maybe it's a good time to consider 5-lug??

Mustang5L5 said:
If you paid 5.0 spindle price for 95 spindles, then you made out. ANtyhing less than $100/pair is a steal.

94+ spindles will only work with 5-lug hubs, so if you want to stay 4-lug, sell off the spindles and buy 87-93 spindles.

Or maybe it's a good time to consider 5-lug??
:stupid:

sounds like its not a bad idea....but i didnt wanna have to get rid of my 4-lug weld ten holes :( ....could i still use my new 5.0 calipers on the 5-luh wheel though?

Notched90 said:
sounds like its not a bad idea....but i didnt wanna have to get rid of my 4-lug weld ten holes :( ....could i still use my new 5.0 calipers on the 5-luh wheel though?

Nope, you'll need all new parts. Have a read if you want to consider this

www.sn95brakes.com

Market value for 94-95 spindles is around $150 give or take if they come with the hubs. The 96-later versions can be had for slightly cleaper since more people favor the 94-95's.

The value of these spindles has gone up in the last 2-3 years as everyone is jumping on the 5-lug bandwagon. I remember when i bought my spindles for $75/pair and thought i paid a lot.

Actally the value hasnt gone up that much infact its gone down quite a bit.. When i was at FFw there were at least 6 guys selling the whole 5 lug swap for less then 150...