99-03 gt 0-60mph

• Sponsors (?)

0-60, my Gtech pro gave me 6.1's and 6.2's with a cat back and springs (which most likely hurt my times cuz i got no traction with the stiff springs) most stock gt's will do high 5's.
Motortrend's 5.4 zero - 60 time on a 99 GT seemed a bit too fast :shrug:

300bhp/ton said:
well gears will help, but whats you goal?

0-60mph, is such a vague an inaccurate measure of a cars performance. Granted with the stop light culture in the US you probably see more of it. But 30-70mph thru the gears will normally give a better example of how quick a car is on the road.

Or if it must be from a standing start 0-100mph shows the bigger picture as power and to an extent aerodynamics play a larger tole as opposed to gearing.

Example:

New C6 Z06 is rated at 3.7 seconds 0-60mph. Yet it takes nearly 4 seconds to do 0-62mph.

Why? Has it stops accelarating as quickly?

Well yes, in a way it has. It can do 0-60mph in 1st, yet a shift to 2nd is required to get to 62mph (100kph).

0-100mph

Stock Mustang should clock 0-60mph in about 5.5 seconds. Which is pretty good.

A stock TVR 4.2 Cerbera should do it in about 4.3-4.5 seconds.

So one could assume they are pretty close in performance wise.

However the Mustang will take some 14.xx seconds to get to 100mph where as the TVR will do it in 9.1 seconds.

suddenly the gap seems a LOT BIGGER.

Thats why the 1320 is so much more valuable ;)

Also a point about magazines, they "adjust" their time so that all cars should be in theory tested on the same surface, temp etc... they have a program or something.

ponysarepretty said:
Thats why the 1320 is so much more valuable ;)
Only to an extent, as grip and driving style will vary the results.

For real world street performance the 30-70 thru the gears is probably the best measure, as a car really does have to be quick to make a good time here.

ponysarepretty said:
Also a point about magazines, they "adjust" their time so that all cars should be in theory tested on the same surface, temp etc... they have a program or something.
Some do some don't.

Auto car magazine are very well respected for the performance times. They tend to use the same location where possible (I think there are only 2 or 3 places they will actually do the tests at). And they use a GPS based system called Vbox which is incrediably accurate.

If a car under performs they print it as so. Or on the odd occasion when a car exceeds its quoted performance level.