A/C finally works, now my car heats up.

95Vert said:
We did the relay thing. Would there be an issue if I had just switched the wires around. You said that you thought about it but didn't do it. Is there a reason?
Well, you'd be starting the fan from nothing to 100%, which isnt great for it. But since you wanted to run high speed often, it would work.

I chose not to do the wire-around because my high speed fan terminal was already charred up a little bit and I had a Dc Controller coming in a week anyhow.

Good luck.

• Sponsors (?)

Well isn't that basically what I did with the relay. As soon as I put my key on, the high will come on. So instead of dealing with the wiring for the relay, I could just cut the middle wire and leave it alone and solder the high speed wire to it and be done with it, right? I mean, it has the same purpose.

Will a fan off a 97 cobra cool my car some more, or is the same one?

95Vert said:
Well isn't that basically what I did with the relay. As soon as I put my key on, the high will come on. So instead of dealing with the wiring for the relay, I could just cut the middle wire and leave it alone and solder the high speed wire to it and be done with it, right? I mean, it has the same purpose.

Will a fan off a 97 cobra cool my car some more, or is the same one?
Yeah, you changed from using the OEM relay to your own relay.

I would not connect the high and low speed fan wires. The way I was going to do it was: unplug the fan connector. Run an 8 AWG jumper wire from the middle connector on the harness to the bottom terminal on the fan (connecting the low speed fan signal to the high speed fan prong). Then on the top prong, connect an 8 AWG jumper to the ground wire on the harness. This way you dont cut things up. Spade terminals fit my fan and harness pretty tightly.

Good luck.