[AdamSandler]I...am the SMARTEST man ALIIIVE![/AdamSandler]

Back2Mustangs

Sep 2, 2004
Just wanted you all to know that I finally figured out my rough running engine problem...after pulling codes, much voltmeter testing, pulling codes, replacing a couple valves & sensors, pulling codes, much votlmeter testing...and much voltmeter testing... checking vacuum lines & memorizing the entire Haynes manual... I discovered that I was right about it being the MAF all along! I figured out that you have to disconnect the harness to the MAF very slowly for the motor to continue to run. And after I figured that out, I noticed right away that the motor ran better without the MAF plugged in at all. And like-wise ran worse when I plugged it back in. Alot of work for something simple, but now I'm just this much closer to knowing everything Maybe this experience will help someone else out. Thanks

Michael

congrats. you passed EEC 101. now do you want a job doing this for a living. BTW you will only get paid 1.0 hour in a shop to diag that EEC problem with a customer looking out the window at you wondering why it's taking that monkey ( you) so long too figure it out. i mean it must be simple right, it's just a car..