aftermarket headers and smog stuff

gt942nv00

Mar 10, 2010
I purchased a 1995 cobra yesterday (I am so proud to own a mustang again). It has BBK equal length headers #E.O. D-245-5, they don't have the fitting for the EGR tube. Right now the EGR is uncapped. There is also a hose that is not attached to anything. I'm not sure where it goes. It is part of the smog stuff. I attached a picture of it. I know the EGR being uncapped, and this hose not attached to anything cant be good. I ordered a EGR screw cap last night to cap off the EGR. The check engine light is not on.

Thanks

Jared

Attachments

• Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Sponsors (?)

+1 ...it is part of the AIR/smog system. That hose either goes to the cross over pipe that directs air to the back of each cylinder head. Or, it is the hose that goes to the pipe that directs air near the 2 cats further back in the exhaust's mid-section.

Thanks for the replies. The main hose goes from the smog pump to the back of the cylinder heads. the disconected hose in question T's downward from the middle of the hose between the smog pump and back of cylinder heads.
Thanks Jared

Thanks for the replies. The main hose goes from the smog pump to the back of the cylinder heads. the disconected hose in question T's downward from the middle of the hose between the smog pump and back of cylinder heads.
Thanks Jared

Yeah that goes probably to the hard pipe to the cats. Or to the hard pipe to go behind the heads. There would be a 1-way check valve by cylinder #4 spark plug. If its not there thats because they already blocked the ports at the back of the heads.