Aftermarket Throttle Body Help Needed

kkdoughboy

Jul 20, 2007
Pennsylvania
Hi guys and gals, I installed a MMR Racing 62mm throttle body today on my 07 Mustang GT and it just idles. It wont rev or anything and the check engine light and wrench light indicators are on. I'm pretty sure I tensioned the spring properly. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Hi guys and gals, I installed a MMR Racing 62mm throttle body today on my 07 Mustang GT and it just idles. It wont rev or anything and the check engine light and wrench light indicators are on. I'm pretty sure I tensioned the spring properly. Any ideas?

Do you have a programmer? When I put mine on it did the same thing so I checked the codes & it gave a throttle stuck code & another throttle code, I reflashed my tune & then it worked. Hope this helps

after-market tb's have been proven to yield no higher than 2hp in a naturally aspirated engine. They're not really worth anything, though they do enhance the looks of the engine bay, but the majority of people whom have purchased them have had problems of some sort with them. Yank it out and ebay it or return it. That money is better spent elsewhere.

after-market tb's have been proven to yield no higher than 2hp in a naturally aspirated engine. They're not really worth anything, though they do enhance the looks of the engine bay, but the majority of people whom have purchased them have had problems of some sort with them. Yank it out and ebay it or return it. That money is better spent elsewhere.

True and +1

I returned my aftermarket BBK 62. They say it's simple bolt on, but with these new cars you have to tune it. My car was fine, but it kept cutting out. Engine was idleing, but there was no pedal responce. My next purchase before I get serious is going to be a tuner.

Just went out and tried reflashing my livewire tuner but same thing. Thanks for the advice though and I did contact the manufacturer and they are a bunch of tools. They dont have any idea. :shrug:

I have an MMR throttle body on my car and it too gave me a code when I was finished with the install. It did require some tuning on the part of my local shop and the problem did not persist after that. True the HP gains are minimal, but I got a pretty good deal on it from the guys at MMR so I am not too bent on spending the money.

You mentioned that you recieved no help or resolution from MMR, sorry to hear that. I have dealt with them pretty much since I purchased my car and they have never given me a hard way to go. I know that they have a pretty solid "satisfaction or your money back" mentality. Give that a shot.

Hope it works out for you.

I'm in even more of a world of hurt. My car wont start since I tried to install there throttle body. It just ticks and wont turn over?! I checked all fuses and put the stock TB on. Nothing. I dont know what to do? I have a dead mustang with 2500 miles on sitting in my garage. Any ideas? :shrug: