Fox Alternator or smog pump is seized

I started up my 91 gt and the belt started squeaking and smoking, it's coming from around the alternator or the smog pump. I think one of them is seized. Anybody know how to tell if they're seized. And if there's any way to fix that. If it is the smog pump, can I just get a smaller belt or should I go with a delete braket? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Just short belt it. Belt lenght may differ if you have aftermarket pulleys

IMG_9476.JPG

Keep in mind if you have cats on the car you'll want to rebuild or replace the smog pump and get it functional

I was going to say something sarcastic but I peeked at your age, I have to give you a 'pass ' on this one, you are smart enough to come here for your answer, we may poke fun at you but we will never steer you wrong.
you can replace the pump (I 'm betting thats what is froze up) or you can get the delete bracket or a short belt, I would replace the pump, if you go with one of the other two options keep the pump, bracket and related hoses, that stuff is getting hard to find.

No need for a smog pump delete kit unless you have a supercharger that requires the specific belt routing. Just short belt as shown above and unbolt and remove the pump