Any experience with Ram clutches?

MysteryMachine

Jun 21, 2003
Parkesburg, PA
Posted this in the 96+ section too but you guys always seem to give me more answers over here.

I believe my throwout bearing or clutch is going bad. Sometimes it sounds like an elephant when I push in the clutch pedal. I see American Muscle has the Ram HDX with throwout bearing for 184.99 which seems like a good price. Has anybody had any experience with Ram stuff?

• Sponsors (?)

I have never had a ram clutch but other people who have posted about them have seemed to like them. It call comes down to the power rating for the clutch and what its being used for. There is not a big difference in all the clutch companies. Most are all made by the same company with their brand name and color put on it. Velero makes Centerforce clutch's for example. Regardless of what you get use a ford throw out bearing even if one comes w/ the clutch.

Ram stuff is pretty good. Most of the clutch companies out source stock parts. Since most entry level clutches use a stock pressure plate, it's just easier to get that from another company.

Kurt

I have yet to have anyone say what I'm hearing ain't either of them. I guess I'm looking in the right direction. Seems like the chatter is the main compliant. One guy had this actual clutch for a while. Said it was good but centerforce, spec, and the king cobra had more grip. I don't really plan to mod Daphne so a basically stock clutch should be fine

She goes into the body shop soon (I hope). I guess I better look into fixing this issue after that.

we sell a lot of them but i think its mostly price driven, not so much quality driven. i can tell you that the SPEC stuff is all made in the US by them, not an OEM.

i hated my ram. won't ever get one again. chatter and one heck of a stiff pedal.

I've heard nothing good about Ram clutches the shop that did most of the work on my Mustang didn't reccommend the Ram clutch at all they have seen to many come apart they like the Centerforce and Mcloed clutches, Mcleod being the highend clutch. I had a centerforce dual friction in my car with no issues what so ever but as i added more power went with a Mcleod RST clutch and it works awesome but big money for that set up is the only downside.

I have had terrible experiences with centerforce burning up and zoom just too stiff then slipping with spray. My ram has been bad ass. No slip with 6200rpm clutch dump on slicks dead hooking h/c/i 5.0 with 100 shot out the hole. And I used their throw out bearing with no noise or problems. I personally love it. It does have an almost un noticeable chatter but its very rare.only under like certain conditions. My zoom chattered like hell I will say that.