Any updates to the tweecer faq?

bjl95mustang

Founding Member
Jan 18, 2000
Austin,TX
I just got my tweecer rt last week and I have been searching through the threads. I have the j4j1 cal loaded with my tranny functions and the 95 r injector timing. I have done most of the stuff that was listed and I was wondering if there is anything new to add from you guys.

• Sponsors (?)

If you want a good read go to the yahoo group and in the file section there is a word file by Walt, very good read. also the faq in the sep. areas on the tweecer forums site are realy good (I think the one here is a copy/paste from there or vice versa).

I know you don't wanna here this but you are doing the best thing you could do to learn about how the pcm works by reading the old threads, faqs, and whatever else you can find.

I would recommend that you down load the EEC Analyzer and read all the help files. Lots of good info in those files. There is a fee for the program but you can read the files for free.

The E A program is very helpful and not only does it crunch the data for you it can make recommendations in some cases. It is worth the money and the support from Clint is always good.

I think you can get closer to the best inj timing for your combo with the E A program.

I know nothing about the auto trans stuff but the info is out there.

The search engine is better on the Tweecer site but more info is on the Yahoo site even though their search engine blows.

Later
Grady

Yes reading all you can find is if anything great to get in started in your head, now the inputing that info into the program with all the diff. names gets confusing (for me at least :bang: ). Another vote for the Eec Annalizer here too, I have been playing around with it and cannot wait to get some good datalogs whild driving to see what I get.

I think once you get past the basic fan controle, speed limit, etc. stuff that is were the "learning" starts as you start to build get an idea of what is all involved and related. Since every car is diff. then every "tune" will be diff. and ther is no magic bullit that gets it for everyone.

Take your time, and when you feel :bang: walk away (if possible) and take a break. Then get back at it and go over what you have done/read/learned. I know I have asked a few questions (some off the wall, some basic) on the boards and thankfully there are guys that are willing to help out newbs and their 124,891,370,415 repeted questions.

Yah, I have been reading everything online that I can find. I have been happy with the resualts that I have gotten with the tweecer so far. I'm starting to mess with the tranny settings. I still havent been able to use the rt yet. The tweecer wouldent work on my dads newer laptop but it works fine on both of our home pc's. I think it is his usb driver. Well hopafully I can data log it this weekend.

blksn955.o said:
Yes reading all you can find is if anything great to get in started in your head, now the inputing that info into the program with all the diff. names gets confusing (for me at least :bang: ).

Believe me I know what you mean cause I remember being so lost when I got started. I also want to tell you to keep at it cause you will see that things start to fall in place or in other words ...... you kinda sorta start to see the light. All that info really starts to make sense after a while.

Another vote for the Eec Annalizer here too, I have been playing around with it and cannot wait to get some good datalogs whild driving to see what I get.

I think once you get past the basic fan controle, speed limit, etc. stuff that is were the "learning" starts as you start to build get an idea of what is all involved and related.

My findings also. That kinda stuff is very basic like yes or no, on or off, etc. The learning as you call it really comes in to play when you start to work on drivability issues. With this kinda stuff you just learn as you go. You'll find that your tune just gets better and better cause you learn more as time passes.

Since every car is diff. then every "tune" will be diff. and ther is no magic bullit that gets it for everyone.

I agree. Some think that they can just load in somebody else's tune and that makes them good to go. You can get in the ballpark with a similar combo's tune but for best performance/drivability you will have to tweec it to your combo's needs. You are so right, each tune is a custom for that combo.

Take your time, and when you feel :bang: walk away (if possible) and take a break. Then get back at it and go over what you have done/read/learned. I know I have asked a few questions (some off the wall, some basic) on the boards and thankfully there are guys that are willing to help out newbs and their 124,891,370,415 repeted questions.

I've found the guys on the Tweecer sites to be much like everybody here as far as helping noobs. I don't mind trying to help anybody but when you see the same guy asking over and over questions that have lots of threads which have covered those details ...... It kinda looks like that guy expects others to spoon feed him instead of doing some research like everybody else has done.

If I've learned anything it is that I've only scratched the surface and there is much more I want to learn. If I knew then what I know now about self tuning with the Tweecer when I made the plan for my combo I would have been much more aggressive with my goals.

Later
Grady